Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where do these lines go? pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 04:02 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default where do these lines go? pics

99 that was abused by P,O, that I'm trying to get back to well running condition.
Went through the Rave but didn't see anything to answer my questions.
* is this (first pic) the secondary air system? notice the white end and the black plastic end below that. Are these suppose to have lines coming/going from these ends?

* in second pic I have a dead end Vac line that is plugged and goes no where. have my finger on it in the pic and it's located just below brake servo Vac line Input. It has a nipple so must go to something?

Thanks for any insight!

Attached Thumbnails where do these lines go? pics-roverair.jpg   where do these lines go? pics-roverair2.jpg  
Old 06-17-2014, 05:58 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

The first pic is of the bottom of the cruise control pump and it looks hooked up correctly. No hose goes on that end piece.

The second pic is a vac line for the SAI (secondary air injection) system. That vac line should be hooked up unless the PO removed the secondary air system. It is part of this whole vac line setup.

Last edited by Jared9220; 06-17-2014 at 06:03 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:34 PM
Mudding

ok. I'll have to look into that so thanks. I have no cruise either so who knows what the P.O. did! So far I have found taped over 3 amigos in cluster, f'd up door lock and badly cut ignition key, leaky brake res., empty t-case resulting in a t-case and tranny replacement, crappy leaking coolant hoses and several other oddities so it's no surprise if he took out the secondary air.
I have it running great at the moment and so far have put in a new master and res, assembly, all new wires and plugs, new coolant hoses and clamps, used low mileage tranny and t-case, all new fluids in diffs etc, new stereo and speakers so time to fix all the little things

Last edited by parkerlander; 06-18-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:18 AM
Mudding

Well I have no secondary air system in this 99. Not sure , read a ton of stuff online, if all 99 DII's came with it? I have no vac pump or vac control valves. I know the P.O. bragged about putting in a used engine with only 100 K when I bought it about 10 k miles ago but I could of sworn he said it was a 98 DI engine. His big selling point was that to buy a DII with 150k was in danger of bad head gaskets. Being way green to Rovers at the time I thought nothing of it. Is this a valid engine swap or am I wrong with it being a 98 DI ? I came across all sorts of threads and articles of having to make many mods if this is the case ( removing secondary air being one) and having to change out ecu, etc, etc,......
As I mentioned it does run great currently with all the other work I did but curious what I should look for if these mods have been done. I obviously found the dead end vac line for starters but is this the right mod to have it plugged ? I'm not sure what would be DII and what would be D1 if I do other work ? So far all parts I bought and replaced I based it on a 99 DII including plugs and wires.
Thanks for any input!

Last edited by parkerlander; 06-19-2014 at 11:39 AM.