Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where were u 9-11-01?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where were u 9-11-01?

Where were you and what will you remember?

Old 09-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Three Wheeling

I remember leaving class at HSC and going to the campus post office...I saw a bunch of people grouped around the TV at the post office, but didnt think much of it. went upstairs and got something I needed from the bookstore. Came down - people were still around the TV and I heard that an airplane had hit a tower.

Started heading back to my dorm....about 1/4 of the way there I realized that my parents were flying to Hawaii that morning. busted *** back to my dorm and watched TV while trying to get in touch with my parents. After about an hour I got them - they actually took one of the flights that crashed on the Hawaii trip the year before, but had a different one booked that year.

I remember watching the towers fall on TV. seemed totally surreal...my brain couldnt process it.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in school, 1st grade to be exact and I remember that. I remember watching the plane hit the tower. Being only in first grade I still knew that was planned. I then watched the tower go down and started choking up (uncle was in tower) LUCKILY that day he was in the world trade in Boston..... otherwise he would of been on the 85th floor....... I collected every book ever made for that. Just so when I have kids and they look back on that thinking "wow, that changed this country"

Old 09-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

I walked to work at O'Reilly Auto Parts several blocks away because i had a suspended DL at the time and wondered why they had a TV on the dealer counter workstation. By the time I got to work, both towers were on fire, and I saw the collapse of both. We were glued to the TV the rest of the day, and as soon as I got home that night, I was on the internet watching videos.

Old 09-10-2011, 05:18 AM
Three Wheeling

i was in my micro biology class. i remember cellphones and pagers going off all at once. everyone began walking out of class. then another instructor came and informed us that a plane hit one of the towers, and that class was canceled. I drove home and it was so odd not seeing any planes in the sky. the radio by that point had let me know that the second tower had been hit and that this looked planed. i stopped at a local gas station for Beer since i now had the entire day off and was shocked at everyone buying gas. It was just a very awakening day. i called both my brothers to make sure they were ok and then i glued myself to the TV. I was living in Houston Texas at the time of the attacks.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:20 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

i was trying to reach my sister on her cell, i was the only one home and my family kept calling me asking if i got in touch yet, i couldnt decide if i should try and drive down or just keep calling. i kept calling and calling, the phones were all a mess you couldnt get thru and when i did all i got was her voicemail. i saw the second plane hit and then i realized they had locked down the MTA. around noon i heard from my sister her bus was stuck in traffic and she had never made it out of the battery tunnel and then the bus driver had locked the door so they revolted kicked the windows and emergency exits out and jumped out and walked back out the tunnel towards brooklyn. she caught a ride home from a guy with a pickup who had a bunch of people in the back. she was covered in soot but OK. her boss was already in their office when the first plane hit. i have not looked at these pics since...

i just went to pull the photos off the disc and the disc wouldnt load so i took it out and realized it had a small crack right where you can see the data. maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't share them. they were graphic and disturbing anyways.

i wish the news media would stop with all this fear and threat BS. Why can't we see anything hopeful? why can't i hear an inspiring story about someone who survived or who helped save lives that day. i turned the TV off this morning because everything was about a new threat.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Three Wheeling

Here in Houston they are doing a good job of remembering the rescue and heroes of that day. Makes me proud to be an American everytime I think about that tragic day.

Old 09-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
i saw the second plane hit and then i realized they had locked down the MTA. around noon i heard from my sister her bus was stuck in traffic and she had never made it out of the battery tunnel and then the bus driver had locked the door so they revolted kicked the windows and emergency exits out and jumped out and walked back out the tunnel towards brooklyn. she caught a ride home from a guy with a pickup who had a bunch of people in the back. she was covered in soot but OK. her boss was already in their office when the first plane hit. i have not looked at these pics since...

i just went to pull the photos off the disc and the disc wouldnt load so i took it out and realized it had a small crack right where you can see the data. maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't share them. they were graphic and disturbing anyways.

i wish the news media would stop with all this fear and threat BS. Why can't we see anything hopeful? why can't i hear an inspiring story about someone who survived or who helped save lives that day. i turned the TV off this morning because everything was about a new threat.
The bus driver locked down the doors? They had to revolt and kicked out the emergency exit to get out? WE (AMERICAN PEOPLE) NEVER SAW THAT ON CNN, MSNBC, ECT.... Wonder how much more information is out there like this that we don't know about?

Old 09-10-2011, 11:57 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I worked at the Fedex Express hub here in Indianapolis at the time. 3rd shift late night. I woke up at 10am from a regular night at work on the 11th. I was still in Collage in 2001, my mom said you better come down here and I watched the news on our big screen from 10am to 2am that night. Air traffic was canceled. I didnt return to work at Fedex for 3 days. There was no more jump seating, where any Fedex employee could travel on the cargo plane for free anywhere in the world. Since there was no way to secure the cockpit in the Fedex planes. It was a little creepy working around the ginormous DC-10's when returning to work. I liked that job, but the hours were terrible. I was really surprised somthing like this had not happened before. As it seemed air traffic before 9/11 had minimal security. I saw it first hand at FedEx. 10 years seems like a long time ago to me.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:10 AM
Rock Crawling

Living on the west coast which meant I was in bed initially and had the phone ringing off the hook only to answer and find my mother telling me that a plane had hit a tower in NY, which was surprising, but i told her to make sure she wasn't watching a movie, but then my cell rang and it was my then Girlfriend saying she was ditching College for the day and coming over to watch what was going on in NY!
AT that moment i realized what was up and turned the tele in time to catch the second plane strike, which took the wind out of me given my Brother in law had a brother in Tower one and another brother in Building 4. The rest of the day was spent waiting to hear from family and friends and like everyone else no one knew who was or was not alive because of the communication break down, but fortunately all of ours made it out fine.
For me nothing has changed in the ten years since, as i feel as angry today, as i did that morning that i watched innocent civilians get murdered for simply showing up for work.

Quick Reply: Where were u 9-11-01?