Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where were u 9-11-01?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in an orientation meeting for the job I had just started for AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals in Westborough Mass. About 9:15 we got word that a "small" plane had hit a building in New York. Well 10 minutes later we were all told to go to the Cafe for a special announcement. That's when we all found out. They had all the TV's on and everyone was glued to the reports from The Apple. We being a Pharmaceutical supply distrib. Had to secure all the running lines and wash the tanks before we could close. Not knowing if we would ever come back to work.
The drive home was surreal....not a plane in the sky or a car on the road. Almost like "The Day The Earth Stood Still" I stayed glued to the TV for the next three days trying to make sense of what had happened. I worked with alot of people of the Muslim faith and believe me it was very hard going back and wondering about these people. Some of them had a hard time and were harassed be their fellow employees for no reason other than being 'Different".....

Old 09-11-2011, 06:21 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by atancreti
The bus driver locked down the doors? They had to revolt and kicked out the emergency exit to get out? WE (AMERICAN PEOPLE) NEVER SAW THAT ON CNN, MSNBC, ECT.... Wonder how much more information is out there like this that we don't know about?
yeah the MTA ordered a lockdown because they didn't know what was going on. all buses and subways were stopped and put on lockdown. at least the ones downtown, i'm not sure about the other boroughs.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:17 AM
Three Wheeling

I also remember the news footage of some Nations dancing in the streets. I feel it is equally important to remember that.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Overlanding
Default 9th Grade, English Class

School had just started, I was in my second period when the teacher in the next door classroom, came in and said "Turn on your TV the is a Tragedy in NY happening." At the time I had no idea what the Trade Center Towers were. My teacher explained to me there reason for being there and what they dealt with. It wasn't until then that I realized this was a really big deal for our country and the world. Never did I thought it would amount to what has happened these past years since. I wish I could go back to that day and be able to understand more of what I know now. Very chilling experience, for me atleast.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:33 AM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I was actually in the 5th grade. My elementary school was growing fast so there were a bunch of modular buildings set up, and I happened to be in one of them. There were two classrooms per building and I remember the teacher next door coming over to whisper to my teacher. She looked shocked. The other class came over to ours and my teacher rolled out the TV. I'm kind of surprised they let a bunch of 5th graders watch, but we tuned into the news right before the 2nd tower got hit. Looking back, I'm glad they did let us watch the coverage because I feel like I have a better understanding of the whole situation.

The one thing our teachers did that day was make us write in our journals while we were watching... its chilling reading what I wrote that day. The one that really gets me is this: "I pray that everyone gets home to their families and no one died. I wish the airplanes could go back in time". I had no idea the magnitude then, but I remember how much it affected this country. I wish we could get back to being as unified as we were post 9/11...