Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who makes the best riding 3" lift spring?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 10:40 AM
Mudding
Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by JUKE179r
I've got TF HD springs in the front only and it is stiff AF!!!! I bought HD because I heard their MD springs start to sag less than a year of use plus I have extra weight with steel bumpers, steel rock sliders, winch and tank guard. Now I see the TF MD springs would have been fine for my current Disco 2 setup.
I'm waiting on warmer weather to install TF MD springs all around.
That's what I was afraid of. Maybe I'll try ome 2" medium springs, fox shocks, and 1" spacers all around. What do you guys think?

Old 03-10-2020, 10:50 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the 2" Terrafirma MD springs on mine. The ride was pretty stiff when they were new but it been a couple of years and they have smoothed out a bit. I also had to make 3/4" spacers for the front because the truck was leaning forward. Without the spacers, I gained 2" in the front and 3" in the back. BTW I don't have steel bumpers and I don't carry much weight in the back.

Old 03-10-2020, 12:36 PM
Winching
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

I have owned the brit part 3" HD and I currently own RTE. The RTE are way way better. I did a 1" spacer to level out the rear and it's perfect.

The following users liked this post:
whowa004 (03-10-2020)
Old 03-10-2020, 04:10 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HBW1020
I have the 2" Terrafirma MD springs on mine. The ride was pretty stiff when they were new but it been a couple of years and they have smoothed out a bit. I also had to make 3/4" spacers for the front because the truck was leaning forward. Without the spacers, I gained 2" in the front and 3" in the back. BTW I don't have steel bumpers and I don't carry much weight in the back.
I have a lift on my to do list, as well, and was wondering the same thing. I don't think I want or need to go 3", though. I have an '04 SE, currently with the soccer mom set up -- running boards (already removed those), 18" wheels with the 255/55 tires. I already bought the 16" wheels to give me more sidewall, full safari rack, and steel rear bumper. I guess it still has the original suspension, which is likely sagging (??). It has a fair amount of forward rake, which I don't like. Will a MD 2" lift all around still require spacers to level it out?

Old 03-10-2020, 05:46 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by tnkeith
I have a lift on my to do list, as well, and was wondering the same thing. I don't think I want or need to go 3", though. I have an '04 SE, currently with the soccer mom set up -- running boards (already removed those), 18" wheels with the 255/55 tires. I already bought the 16" wheels to give me more sidewall, full safari rack, and steel rear bumper. I guess it still has the original suspension, which is likely sagging (??). It has a fair amount of forward rake, which I don't like. Will a MD 2" lift all around still require spacers to level it out?
I had the terrafirma md 2" lift on my last rover. The stance was perfect and the ride quality was ok. I thought it was a little on the stiff side but not bad. I'm looking to go 33s this time around though

Old 03-10-2020, 07:08 PM
TReK
Received 503 Likes on 418 Posts

I have OME MD springs... You can see the setup below. I first went with the OME Nitrocharger shocks... Very stiff. No extra weight... Got tired of the ride and got a set of Terrafirma Medium Duty shocks and it seems to be a great combo. At first the TF shocks were like riding on a cloud!! That feeling went away after about 5000 miles and lots of forest roads. Still tight but not jarring with 15k on them. Add a little weight and it again rides like a dream... Recently was hauling around a 200lb friend, That amount of extra weight is all it took to smooth out the ride.

Old 03-10-2020, 07:45 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 774 Likes on 510 Posts

I think the right idea is to run shocks of better quality than TF and some level of adjustability with the shocks would be nice. My end set up will be bilstein 7100 bypass shocks with the rte 3" and 1" spacers in the rear with the RTE adjustable shock towers and extended watts. That will get you an incredible amount of travel as you should be able to run 12" travel shocks with that set up and no further modifications...

The_OGCJR (03-11-2020)
Old 03-11-2020, 12:56 PM
Drifting
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Boostle
That's what I was afraid of. Maybe I'll try ome 2" medium springs, fox shocks, and 1" spacers all around. What do you guys think?
I run md TF springs with spacers and Fox shocks, could not be happier

Old 03-11-2020, 01:00 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Billfromthehill
I run md TF springs with spacers and Fox shocks, could not be happier
Thats what I wanted to hear! How's the ride on the street? What wheel tire combo are you running?

Old 03-11-2020, 01:10 PM
Drifting
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Boostle
Thats what I wanted to hear! How's the ride on the street? What wheel tire combo are you running?
I run 255/85r16 interco Trxxus tires on 15x7 steel wheels. Ride is good on street and even better on bumpy roads. The fox shocks have great low speed compression that resist diving and rolling real well, while the high speed compression seems spot on over rough roads. Also have front and rear sway bars removed and the fox shocks seem to resist roll good enough that I don’t really notice the difference.

Boostle (03-11-2020)

Quick Reply: Who makes the best riding 3" lift spring?