Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   why is lrsilver2001 banned? (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/why-lrsilver2001-banned-56173/)

aarongregor 01-23-2013 07:55 PM

why is lrsilver2001 banned?

Anyone have any clue as to why silver is banned? He gave great info all the time

Racer X 01-23-2013 08:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 41889

br0keit 01-23-2013 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Racer X (Post 372682)

+1...

turbodave 01-23-2013 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by aarongregor (Post 372680)
Anyone have any clue as to why silver is banned? He gave great info all the time

"all the time" ?

ok, now read this and figure it out for yourself :-)

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...e-shaft-56047/

ghengis86 01-23-2013 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Racer X (Post 372682)

/winning

ZGPhoto 01-23-2013 10:56 PM

Politics.

ArmyRover 01-23-2013 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto (Post 372729)
Politics.

That's not it.

BrandonS 01-23-2013 11:14 PM

I think maybe he was running down the hall with scissors and no hall pass.

wreckdiver1321 01-23-2013 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by BrandonS (Post 372736)
I think maybe he was running down the hall with scissors and no hall pass.

Or was it for talking without raising his hand?

ZGPhoto 01-23-2013 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by ArmyRover (Post 372735)
That's not it.

I know, but it's better than saying that he got you too upset and you banned him.

ghengis86 01-23-2013 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto (Post 372740)
I know, but it's better than saying that he got you too upset and you banned him.

Aaaaaannnndddddd...here we go!

ZGPhoto 01-23-2013 11:41 PM

here we go with what? It's what happened, Army was upset with things drew said to him so he banned him.

Savannah Buzz 01-24-2013 12:21 AM

Most people on here have thick skins, including moderators. To ban a moderator takes a lot more than some name calling. Army acted properly and I would have done the same.

ZGPhoto 01-24-2013 12:45 AM

He wasn't a moderator when he was banned.

Savannah Buzz 01-24-2013 01:02 AM

You may infer then that events while he was a moderator were at issue. I would certainly expect the same treatment were I to follow his path.

Cosmic88 01-24-2013 06:58 AM

drink it up...

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto (Post 372754)
He wasn't a moderator when he was banned.

This was a very simple situation. Drew / Sliver lied and when busted, he acted the fool. He misrepresented his ties to a company selling driveshafts. Who knows in the long run if Pro-Shaft will suffer for it. When confronted by people with far more technical knowledge and experience he continued his lies. If you were being realistic, it would be clear he dug his own hole. He was a pretend vendor and a moderator who edited / deleted the legitimate questions about "his" drive shafts. I will go ahead and guess you don't support that kind of censorship.

Were it not for some self-serving editing, deleting of threads and threats to ban someone if they didn't back off he would have continuted his lies for a little longer. That all happened within two days of being granted moderator status by THE Mike.

ZGPhoto... you go right ahead and lash your cart to that dead horse. Silver screwed himself and you continue to drink his Kool-Aid. Not a wise choice sir.

94svt50 01-24-2013 06:58 AM

I dont have a dog in this fight but, from what I have read this situation seemed to have been handled poorly by both sides. This silver fellow should have been stripped of being a moderator based on his comments and actions and he obviously did not have a clue about driveshafts but, him as a member I did not feel he hit some threshold of deserving being banned. Unless I missed something or it got deleted before I read it. What is the threshold for a member getting banned as official policy?

ZGPhoto 01-24-2013 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Cosmic88 (Post 372772)
This was a very simple situation. Drew / Sliver lied and when busted, he acted the fool. He misrepresented his ties to a company selling driveshafts. Who knows in the long run if Pro-Shaft will suffer for it. When confronted by people with far more technical knowledge and experience he continued his lies. If you were being realistic, it would be clear he dug his own hole. He was a pretend vendor and a moderator who edited / deleted the legitimate questions about "his" drive shafts. I will go ahead and guess you don't support that kind of censorship.

Were it not for some self-serving editing, deleting of threads and threats to ban someone if they didn't back off he would have continuted his lies for a little longer. That all happened within two days of being granted moderator status by THE Mike.

ZGPhoto... you go right ahead and lash your cart to that dead horse. Silver screwed himself and you continue to drink his Kool-Aid. Not a wise choice sir.

Stop drinking the D-Web koolaid, where in this thread am I lashing my cart to Drew? I said "politics" as a joke, and then simply stated facts after that. I didn't say ANYWHERE that he should not have been banned. If I were an admin I probably never would have made a vendor a moderator in the first place.

antichrist 01-24-2013 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by 94svt50 (Post 372773)
I dont have a dog in this fight but, from what I have read this situation seemed to have been handled poorly by both sides.

The only thing handled poorly by the site was making him a moderator in the first place.

The things he said as a moderator in a thread I can only assume he deleted, were completely off the wall and in fact contrary to the site rules.
If someone doesn't like the rules of a forum they should either lobby for them to be changed ("I want to be able to call people douche nozzles and butt pirates") or find another forum where that's allowed.
Instead, he decided it was appropriate to just ignore the rules even as a moderator.
That speaks volumes about his character, completely aside from his lack of knowledge and lying about something that was supposedly his.
Why anyone would want an obvious liar on the forum is beyond me.

antichrist 01-24-2013 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto (Post 372775)
I said "politics" as a joke, and then simply stated facts after that.

That's not how it came across to me. There really wasn't anything to indicate it was a joke. I've fallen in to that trap myself.

aarongregor 01-24-2013 07:27 AM

okay thanks for the answers, all the drive shaft issues a side he was very helpful and will be missed.

ZGPhoto 01-24-2013 07:28 AM

Well then, blame it on my broken sarcasm font.

Cosmic88 01-24-2013 07:53 AM

Now that is a good idea... We should use it. "politics" = hahaha

The trouble with sarcasm in the written form is how easily misunderstood you can become.

So......

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto (Post 372775)
I said "politics" as a joke, and then simply stated facts after that.

Originally Posted by ArmyRover (Post 372735)
That's not it.

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto (Post 372740)

Is the word FACTS sarcastic too? Because the last quote is not fact as you say. Oh well, nevermind. Have a wonderful day!

ZGPhoto 01-24-2013 08:08 AM

How is it not a fact? Drew did and said things that got him banned. I've spoken with him privately regarding this. Aldous, please chill with the attitude as you have no reason to get your panties in a bunch.

Cosmic88 01-24-2013 08:53 AM

Waste of time

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto (Post 372797)
How is it not a fact? Drew did and said things that got him banned. I've spoken with him privately regarding this. Aldous, please chill with the attitude as you have no reason to get your panties in a bunch.

You are quite the provocative sort aren't you? Attitude? Panties? You specifically stated that Bill (ARMYROVER) banned Drew because he was "upset" which is not true.

Did I attack you or merely point out your misrepresentation of "facts"? You can attempt to draw me into your childish schoolyard game but you will fail. It is obtuse, whiney characters and liars who have made this forum the butt of many jokes and ridicule. You lent support to a liar, hence my cart to dead horse comment you did not understand.

Zack, I realize you, as a sub-contracted photographer, do not formally represent Rovers North in these forums but I doubt they would appreciate any type of combative remarks or comments about attitudes or bunched up panties to one of their customers from one of their "employees". As you have publicly commented previously about your ties to Rovers North, maybe you are the one who should "chill" as you suggested.

bye-bye little birdie

antichrist 01-24-2013 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto (Post 372797)
How is it not a fact? Drew did and said things that got him banned. I've spoken with him privately regarding this.

Wait a minute. You said he was banned because because of things he said to ArmyRover. ArmyRover said that wasn't the case. I haven't seen any posts of Drew's to ArmyRover that would get him banned
I can only assume when you spoke with Drew he told you he said something to ArmyRover in private and got banned.
So basically you're saying you're taking the word of a proven liar over someone who conceivably could be lying, though I seriously doubt ArmyRover is, based on Drew's public actions on this forum. That seems a very odd position to take.

However, if you're changing your statement to just, Drew did and said things that got him banned then yeah, and deservedly so.

ZGPhoto 01-24-2013 09:45 AM

Aldous, your attitude and actions have lost you things in the past. Yet you continue to be condescending as if I'm somehow beneath you in character and status. You claim to not want to be dragged into this schoolyard game, but that is exactly what you are doing.

Tom-
ArmyRover claimed "that's not it" to my "politics" comment, not to the upsetting comments.
Drew may be a proven liar, but he has been equally helpful on here as well as gone beyond the forum to help people in need. He had done much more good than harm to this forum, so yes, I am taking his side. I am not however saying he should not have been banned, he knows his actions got him banned, as do I.

Disco Mike 01-24-2013 09:51 AM

It was decided by the office to start up Drew as a moderator, I informed him of this and asked they we get together in a day or so, cause I had the flu, and I would go over his duties and how to access the Moderator section when needed.
He never called and over that week he started doing and saying things that were not appropriate.
It was decided to not follow thru with bring Drew on so I brought Bill on as the 3rd. man.
He has been a moderator for a long time on the LRO and acted in my behalf during the time I was sick. As you all know things were being said, threads and posts were being deleted all in order to cover up Drew's Issues with the drive line shop. It got out of hand and while I was still fighting the flu, Bill did what he knew he had to do and deleted Drew.
That is the long and short of it

fishEH 01-24-2013 10:03 AM

He was a tool and acted like a tool and now he's gone. Too bad, so sad.
Sometimes even grown adults need to be reprimanded when they get out of hand. I'd be willing to bet that if he manned up and apologized to DM/LRF for acting like a tool he'd probably be reinstated. At least on a double secret probation level.
Everybody screws up and in the land of the interwebs people tend to develop keyboard muscles. They say things they normally wouldn't say and act out of character. I have no problem forgiving and moving on, but the offender has to be genuine and show remorse.

Cosmic88 01-24-2013 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto (Post 372832)
Aldous, your attitude and actions have lost you things in the past. Yet you continue to be condescending as if I'm somehow beneath you in character and status. You claim to not want to be dragged into this schoolyard game, but that is exactly what you are doing.

Pretty much what I expected from a 23 year old kid... that, by-the-way, is the very first condescending thing I have typed in this interaction with you.

ZGPhoto 01-24-2013 10:25 AM

Your PM was responded to.

antichrist 01-24-2013 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto (Post 372832)
ArmyRover claimed "that's not it" to my "politics" comment, not to the upsetting comments.

You're right.

So, Army, just for clarity, was he banned because of his public actions/comments, or something he said in PM to you?

CANAMDiscovery 01-24-2013 11:40 AM

Not going to worry about Drew/Silver...
He must of violated some rules of being a "moderator".
He always was very helpful with good insight. [like the sites other top members]
He will find a place on other sites and be just fine.

Can you use your signature section to promote businesses you use?
Could I put the name of the shop I use in Denver, or the site I order parts from?

ZGPhoto 01-24-2013 11:50 AM

DiscoMike does, so I don't see why you couldn't.

ArmyRover 01-24-2013 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by antichrist (Post 372853)
You're right.

So, Army, just for clarity, was he banned because of his public actions/comments, or something he said in PM to you?

To be completely honest, his public actions/comments had me very concerned, as this is normally a pretty quite forum that self moderates. I was going to leave it alone and let the others make the call but, his pm to me with his intentions towards the forum put me in a position where I had to act to keep the peace on here.

I knew the decision would be unpopular with some, but I was put in a position where the happiness of the few had to be weighed against the good of the many members here.

I don't like banning people and in 2-3 years of being a Mod on LRO I have never banned anyone, except for the guy on accident but Mike helped me fix that and I apologized to him, clicked the wrong post when cleaning out some spam.

ZGPhoto, there are 2 sides to every story.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I think Justin is doing a much better job with representing his company on the forum.

ArmyRover 01-24-2013 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by CANAMDiscovery (Post 372872)
Can you use your signature section to promote businesses you use?
Could I put the name of the shop I use in Denver, or the site I order parts from?

I know of no reason you can't so feel free, to support those that take care of you.

ZGPhoto 01-24-2013 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by ArmyRover (Post 372966)
To be completely honest, his public actions/comments had me very concerned, as this is normally a pretty quite forum that self moderates. I was going to leave it alone and let the others make the call but, his pm to me with his intentions towards the forum put me in a position where I had to act to keep the peace on here.

I knew the decision would be unpopular with some, but I was put in a position where the happiness of the few had to be weighed against the good of the many members here.

I don't like banning people and in 2-3 years of being a Mod on LRO I have never banned anyone, except for the guy on accident but Mike helped me fix that and I apologized to him, clicked the wrong post when cleaning out some spam.

ZGPhoto, there are 2 sides to every story.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I think Justin is doing a much better job with representing his company on the forum.

I know, thank you for clearing it up. I saw some of the things he said and figured that's why he was banned. I wasn't saying you were in the wrong, please accept my apologies on the "politics" comment.

ArmyRover 01-24-2013 06:31 PM

No worries.

jfall 01-24-2013 06:47 PM

People should not forget the fact that these boards - all of them
are helpful to many people.

Besides all that..

The primary purpose of these boards is not really to help people.
The owners of these boards can care less.

The owners of these boards NEED people like lrsilver and any and everyone
to contribute and be a draw to even more people to view these boards.

And the real reason these boards exist is for one of us to click the SPAM ads on the margins and make the owners of the boards MONEY.

More eyeballs - more money.
But, the click thru rate on those ads is very very low.
:eek:

I contribute cause I love to give back in the spirit of Land Rover
and of helping others who have helped me.

Treat others as you wish to be treated and all works out fine.

antichrist 01-24-2013 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by jfall (Post 372979)
And the real reason these boards exist is for one of us to click the SPAM ads on the margins and make the owners of the boards MONEY.

What ads? :D

Treat others as you wish to be treated and all works out fine.
Only not everyone does that.