Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winch bumper

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 03:00 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by vandev
i have a favour to urbanpanzer...not to get off subject but how about helping me get a td5 so i can stuff it in my 2004 DII NAS truck I'll beg if you want...

Thanks Chris
LOL Chris,

"If" there was a way I could help, believe me I would love to send Diesels over to you guys,thought about it a LOT............but you have to much red tape to cross....

Old 08-07-2010, 07:15 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Hey there...

Originally Posted by Urban Panzer
LOL Chris,

"If" there was a way I could help, believe me I would love to send Diesels over to you guys,thought about it a LOT............but you have to much red tape to cross....

Well, getting them here is not the problem...that is engine,wiring harness tank, gearbox, ecu all parts, etc.... on a pallet. Its finding a reputable place ...well from your back yard to make sure it's a good one. The other problem is that everyone here says changing over is a royal pain in the *** which i think is a bit of a over statement. the TDi in a DI is pretty much a 1 wire deal, it;s the TD5 with the wiring and ecu that guys roll there eyes at. I really want to do one. You can ship enngines over here no problem . The red tape is with the defender or complete truck...Parts are a cake walk.....the other option is a international diesel from a company in england but it's 10k just for the kit...i can get a TD5 with all the parts for under 5k from wreakers i have talked to...Let me know if you know anybody.

Thanks Chris

Old 08-24-2010, 11:32 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name:  061.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  140.4 KB

http://custom4x4fabrication.com/front_discovery.htm
was designed based off the safari guard bumper. Just beefed up a little in middle and sides.

Name:  downsized_07140013421.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  25.0 KB

Name:  026.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  125.6 KB

about $600 complete ..... and yes that is my disco before I started the mods lol .... doesnt even look remotely the same ha...we changed the bumper a little bit from that pic as well and beefed it up a little more. First bumper took a deer in the grill going 90mph the deer never reached the hood or radiator. Had some minor right fender damage and tire damage from bumper get pushed about 3-4" into tire. Friend came out to get me and we pulled bumper out of tire using my kevlar strap and I drove it home almost 90 miles. Still using same tire and all. Bumper was bent and warped from the massive impact so got a new one. Vehicle would be totalled without a doubt if not for that bumper.

Name:  015-3-1.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  42.6 KB

Last edited by Rovinfool; 08-24-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:31 AM
Winching

I really like yours Rovinm, looks like the rock crawler bumper I ran on my Jeep YJ. Yeah, I do not like the ARBs that cover the head lights. It's overkill and they weigh too much. Plus paying that much is completely unnecessary if your just needing something to run a winch. Custom is the only way to go. Save cash and support your local 4x4 fabricators. I am looking at something like this when the time is right (need to pay off some bills first lol), going to get my friend to custom fab me one, he runs http://carolinatruggies.com/

________
Justin Bieber Fan

Last edited by sloan74; 03-24-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:30 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

We are still in the design process, but we are shooting at $500 shipped.
Here in the mid west we need the brush guard to protect the gront of the truck from tree's and such.
No rocks here, just sand and trees and mud and snow.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:49 AM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bosshogt,
Where and how much does it cost to get a borttof bumper made? I tried to google them and had no luck. Btw I am moving at the end of Sept to just a few hours south of you (lebanon, TN ~ 4 hours south of Indy) and need someone to attempt some local trails with; text or PM me if you are up for a weekend trip sometime this fall.
brian aka pilsner

Old 08-28-2010, 01:58 AM
Winching

Sloan74,
So have you got a completed bumper to show us yet? I am interested in the same type of bumper you pic'd (and yes I realize it is just a pic of the type of style you want and not a finished product) with the addition of some protection for my 2x replaced grille and 4x (yes I have replaced my driver's side headlight on four seperate occasions!- dont ask pls) replaced headlight. I am moving to your part of the country soon and hope to be upgrading my 2000 disco II with some kind of new front bumper.
thanks
brian aka pilsner

Old 08-28-2010, 07:23 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by pilsner
bosshogt,
Where and how much does it cost to get a borttof bumper made? I tried to google them and had no luck. Btw I am moving at the end of Sept to just a few hours south of you (lebanon, TN ~ 4 hours south of Indy) and need someone to attempt some local trails with; text or PM me if you are up for a weekend trip sometime this fall.
brian aka pilsner
you didn't have it spelled right http://www.bottorf-fabrication.com/

Old 08-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

The front bumper was $680 shipped to my door. It has the following features. D-shackels, light tabs, 3 hoops, Fog lights, Winch tray. $75 extra for the skid plate. And that was painted black.
Yes I need someone to teach me how to off road well. I have only done it a little and need to swap in my CDL transfer case soon.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Rock Crawling

Arb spike.Its exactly what you need up there in the u.p.

Quick Reply: Winch bumper