Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 05:43 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Motor

I know that window motors have been covered but wanted to describe my experience before laying down the cash. For a while the drivers window has been labored. It finally gave it up this weekend. I took it all apart and got the regulator and motor out of the door. When the motor itself was attached to the harness it spun freely. When I attached the gear to the motor, not the regulator, it was labored again and would run when I tapped it then stop. Also mentioning that the spindle of the motor was loose like the bearings were shot.

Long story short, new motor? The regulator looked fine, by the way. The white plastic sheave is in good shape.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can confirm my findings.

Mark

Old 10-16-2013, 07:55 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i tested all of my "bad" motors by swapping them around the two vehicles D1/D2. In my experience it either works or it doesn't when it's definitely powered. If it sounds like it's working but doesn't lift then you need a new one.

I tried to figure out shortcuts or repairs to the motor itself but couldn't. The only thing I know is that there is some swap-ability between D1 and D2 motors and even within a vehicle so you may be able to find a cheaper solution by looking around.

I can't really comment on good/better motor motor sourcing. There's a bunch of choices.