Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Motor and Regulator

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 07:19 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Motor and Regulator

I am still new to this forum but I see a lot of good idea's and info around here. I don't know if anyone has covered this matter or not b/f. Within 6 months of owning my 03 disco ( bought used) I had to replace the RF window motor, a new window regulator and I have also replaced the LF window regulator... I got the new motor from a brit up in Maine ( www.rovahfarm.com ) at a great price... It had the wrong plug on it but I was able to cut the plug off the old and solder to the new and it works great. Does anyone know of an aftermarket company making stronger window regulator's out there. Mine don't like the real cold conditions if I try to put it down seems the regulator is not strong enough to un-freeze the window nor take the powerful torque of that motor... I think I might try a small amount of silicon spray where the window meets the frames up around the doors... any suggestions would be great.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:31 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts
Default RE: Window Motor and Regulator

I live just outside of Denver and have not had issues with my windows. Yes, it does happen, one of Rovers weak points.