Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Regulator?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008 | 10:21 AM
jmt
|
Mudding
Default Window Regulator?

Yesterday my driver's side front window got stuck in the down position. When it happened, I heard a loud thump, followed by a series of thuds as I tried to operate the window.

The thuds discontinued and now I can hear the motor spinning freely.

I'm sure it was the plastic peice on the regulator that broke, but I wanted to get a second opinion before ordering a replacement.

PS: I went to take the door off and one of the screws stripped -- typical rover. I replaced the panel and have to go grab an extractor before I can fully remove it. That is to say, I haven't actually been inside the door panel to inspect the motor. I'd prefer to do it all at once so I can decrease the risk of breaking off the plastic clips.

Old 03-03-2008 | 12:57 PM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: Window Regulator?

Window regulators break often, at least in my truck. Its a very easy fix. you can use a small flat bar to pry for the door panel at each of the clips, you shouldnt break any. I would use OEM product though, i ordered an after market one from rover connection and had to replace it less than a week later. Good customer service though, i only had to pay the difference in price to get the OEM replacement.

Old 03-06-2008 | 01:53 AM
Drifting
Default RE: Window Regulator?

agree with the above post, window regulators often breaks off. That's why you have to be very careful and ensure that it is properly installed. Lots of truck parts available in the market, just choose the ones best for your car.
Just a tip: just be very careful in installing, if you have doubts on how to do it, you may ask help from someone who knows the job to avoid breakage. :