Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YAY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YAY!!!

ORIGINAL: 98roverguy

Don't mis-match the wires mr. electrical engineer dude. [sm=icon_rtfm.gif][sm=joke.gif]

Always wanted to use the first one too. OKdiscoguy, you always provide the oppurtunity!!!

Good luck and let me know if I should invest.
I did that, switched No. 4 with No. 8. The old lady did not like that at all.[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 10-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Three Wheeling

ORIGINAL: okdiscoguy

Ok, I am good. Worth the money. Didn't know how bad I had it. Went with Bosch platinum +4's and I can feel the bumps going away. I thought it was smooth before, but it is very nice. Seems to have more pickup as well, but it always does when you get a new part. I think it got faster after the headliner too....[:-]

Had to edit and say buy them. Nothing else.

My MAGNECOR's came in today also. Where did you get the
Bosch platnium +4, how much?

Thanks,
Mike
D1

Old 10-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

O'Reilly's, but I don't remember how much..... I have had them a while saving up and waiting. I am there every other day.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:35 PM
Rock Crawling

I bought my +4s at Schucks auto supply for $6.99 ea. They also gave me a 10% discount because I called them to see if they had them in stock.Schucks,checker or kragen all the same store just different name depending on which state. Also partsamerica.comis the same company. My 2000 runs smooth with the magnacores and +4s.

Willie

Old 10-12-2007, 06:43 AM
Three Wheeling

I got my wires last week and bought the Bosch Fusion plugs this week.(waiting on rebate) I`ll wait to I have any kind of miss and then I will install them. Apex Performance still has the best prices that I know of.
Bob

Old 10-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

okdiscoguy any notice in performance increase?

Old 10-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, I did notice it get smoother. I did another induction cleaning and hit the throttle plate with some spray while I has under there. Not too dirty.

I have to say that last night, rolling at 5mph, I stomped on it and I have never felt her kick like that. My wife looked over at me and with a mad look on her face, asked me what else I had done. There is a noticable difference when you kick her. She has never been this fast. Worth the money to me. Well worth it. I haven't ran the mileage yet, and the ethanol content here is fluctuating so much, Even when I do, it won't do the upgrade justice.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Mudding

I installed +4 fusion. I've driven 800 miles and no issues, which I suppose is more important than any guesses I have on performance increase. I figure the extra buck or so for fusion over platinum is worth it for the hotter burn.

I wrote down which coil connection is which cylinder. Is this information listed anywhere? I didn't see it in the RAVE. I used a paint marker to mark the wires so I wouldn't confuse them. I used the boot grease with no issues either. Not a lot, just a small rub on the inside of each boot before I installed it.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Rock Crawling

JW

Does your '03 have secondary air? That is what is slowing me down on swapping out my wires and plugs. I hear it's about a 3-4 hr job if you've got the secondary air.

-ugly

Old 10-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Mudding

-Ugly,

No, I don't... I can't really share any tips on that. Do you have the Rave CD?

Quick Reply: YAY!!!