Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery Sport (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-sport-45/)
-   -   Absolutely love my 2016 Discovery Sport (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-sport-45/absolutely-love-my-2016-discovery-sport-75785/)

amgbest 09-27-2015 11:25 PM

Absolutely love my 2016 Discovery Sport

I ordered the 2015 Discovery Sport back in May and somehow because of the factory manufacturing cutoff for the 2015 I received a 2016. I must say I was having second thoughts after reading all the complaints online from all the Land Rover forums but I am completely amazed and in love with my Disco. Its so rare out here that everywhere I go I get the thumbs up from people at the looks of it and it truly is a work of art and a complete blast to drive! I used to own a Jaguar XKR and I would fly in that thing and I get the same high driving this...feels like I'm floating on air, so smooth and tight around the corners. I didn't experience this when I test drove it so not sure if its the 2016 or what but I am elated with my purchase. My previous SUV was an Acura MDX which I actually think I paid more for then this and I honestly can't understand why someone would pay the same amount for an MDX when you get so much more with the Discovery Sport. I purchased the HSE lux and the colored lights inside are such a cool touch and all the classy features and its so high tech...I just can't say enough about this car. I received it 2 weeks ago and can't say 1 negative thing about it...it is the perfect SUV for me and so classy, a true work of art! So try not to let all of the negative comments steer you away as this vehicle is a true gem!

rcbjr2 09-28-2015 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by amgbest (Post 537095)
I ordered the 2015 Discovery Sport back in May and somehow because of the factory manufacturing cutoff for the 2015 I received a 2016. I must say I was having second thoughts after reading all the complaints online from all the Land Rover forums but I am completely amazed and in love with my Disco. Its so rare out here that everywhere I go I get the thumbs up from people at the looks of it and it truly is a work of art and a complete blast to drive! I used to own a Jaguar XKR and I would fly in that thing and I get the same high driving this...feels like I'm floating on air, so smooth and tight around the corners. I didn't experience this when I test drove it so not sure if its the 2016 or what but I am elated with my purchase. My previous SUV was an Acura MDX which I actually think I paid more for then this and I honestly can't understand why someone would pay the same amount for an MDX when you get so much more with the Discovery Sport. I purchased the HSE lux and the colored lights inside are such a cool touch and all the classy features and its so high tech...I just can't say enough about this car. I received it 2 weeks ago and can't say 1 negative thing about it...it is the perfect SUV for me and so classy, a true work of art! So try not to let all of the negative comments steer you away as this vehicle is a true gem!

I am glad you love it because there are way too many negative comments about it. I haven't had anything wrong with my 2015, either, except maybe some software issues (like the systems cutting off for a while until the car starts again). Luckily, I don't think I have the 2nd row rattle, either (knock on wood). I really like the way the car feels, handles, and looks. Several people have commented on how nice it is. It looks a little small from the outside, but it is roomy on the inside. I hope you continue to enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine (and I am enjoying exchanging views and posting on all these LR forums as well! I sure didn't get that involved with a car before the DS).

KEVINQTA 10-07-2015 11:36 AM

What's your 2016 Discovery sport drive out price (Included Tax & Title License)? What option did you get on your car? which dealer did you get the car? Thanks

Daytoman 10-24-2015 09:33 PM

Congrats!!
We are loving our 15 HSE Lux so far!

We also get lots of looks and positive comments on it all the time.

4sallypat 10-25-2015 09:34 PM

My first arrived as well.

See my post on 2015 vs 2016 thread.

If you want a good deal, this is the week to pull the trigger!

rcbjr2 10-29-2015 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by 4sallypat (Post 540099)
My first arrived as well.

See my post on 2015 vs 2016 thread.

If you want a good deal, this is the week to pull the trigger!

I just got an email that my dealer is offering 1.9% financing for 60 months on the DS. They couldn't beat my bank when I bought mine in late June (.73% for 36 months). However, I might have opted for a longer financing period at 1.9%. Oh well. Mine'll be paid off in three years instead of 5 (or traded after two or so when it might have some residual value over the loan).