Discovery Sport Talk about the new 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport

Absolutely love my 2016 Discovery Sport

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 11:25 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Absolutely love my 2016 Discovery Sport

I ordered the 2015 Discovery Sport back in May and somehow because of the factory manufacturing cutoff for the 2015 I received a 2016. I must say I was having second thoughts after reading all the complaints online from all the Land Rover forums but I am completely amazed and in love with my Disco. Its so rare out here that everywhere I go I get the thumbs up from people at the looks of it and it truly is a work of art and a complete blast to drive! I used to own a Jaguar XKR and I would fly in that thing and I get the same high driving this...feels like I'm floating on air, so smooth and tight around the corners. I didn't experience this when I test drove it so not sure if its the 2016 or what but I am elated with my purchase. My previous SUV was an Acura MDX which I actually think I paid more for then this and I honestly can't understand why someone would pay the same amount for an MDX when you get so much more with the Discovery Sport. I purchased the HSE lux and the colored lights inside are such a cool touch and all the classy features and its so high tech...I just can't say enough about this car. I received it 2 weeks ago and can't say 1 negative thing about it...it is the perfect SUV for me and so classy, a true work of art! So try not to let all of the negative comments steer you away as this vehicle is a true gem!

Old 09-28-2015, 10:13 AM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by amgbest
I ordered the 2015 Discovery Sport back in May and somehow because of the factory manufacturing cutoff for the 2015 I received a 2016. I must say I was having second thoughts after reading all the complaints online from all the Land Rover forums but I am completely amazed and in love with my Disco. Its so rare out here that everywhere I go I get the thumbs up from people at the looks of it and it truly is a work of art and a complete blast to drive! I used to own a Jaguar XKR and I would fly in that thing and I get the same high driving this...feels like I'm floating on air, so smooth and tight around the corners. I didn't experience this when I test drove it so not sure if its the 2016 or what but I am elated with my purchase. My previous SUV was an Acura MDX which I actually think I paid more for then this and I honestly can't understand why someone would pay the same amount for an MDX when you get so much more with the Discovery Sport. I purchased the HSE lux and the colored lights inside are such a cool touch and all the classy features and its so high tech...I just can't say enough about this car. I received it 2 weeks ago and can't say 1 negative thing about it...it is the perfect SUV for me and so classy, a true work of art! So try not to let all of the negative comments steer you away as this vehicle is a true gem!
I am glad you love it because there are way too many negative comments about it. I haven't had anything wrong with my 2015, either, except maybe some software issues (like the systems cutting off for a while until the car starts again). Luckily, I don't think I have the 2nd row rattle, either (knock on wood). I really like the way the car feels, handles, and looks. Several people have commented on how nice it is. It looks a little small from the outside, but it is roomy on the inside. I hope you continue to enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine (and I am enjoying exchanging views and posting on all these LR forums as well! I sure didn't get that involved with a car before the DS).

Old 10-07-2015, 11:36 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's your 2016 Discovery sport drive out price (Included Tax & Title License)? What option did you get on your car? which dealer did you get the car? Thanks

Old 10-24-2015, 09:33 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

Congrats!!
We are loving our 15 HSE Lux so far!

We also get lots of looks and positive comments on it all the time.

The following users liked this post:
Naorijn (03-16-2023)
Old 10-25-2015, 09:34 PM
8th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first arrived as well.

See my post on 2015 vs 2016 thread.

If you want a good deal, this is the week to pull the trigger!

Old 10-29-2015, 06:40 AM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4sallypat
My first arrived as well.

See my post on 2015 vs 2016 thread.

If you want a good deal, this is the week to pull the trigger!
I just got an email that my dealer is offering 1.9% financing for 60 months on the DS. They couldn't beat my bank when I bought mine in late June (.73% for 36 months). However, I might have opted for a longer financing period at 1.9%. Oh well. Mine'll be paid off in three years instead of 5 (or traded after two or so when it might have some residual value over the loan).