Discovery Sport Talk about the new 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport

Discovery Sport Lead Time?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 04:37 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discovery Sport Lead Time?

Helllo there. I am about to press the button on a P300e Discovery Sport HSE. I havent selected too many extras just some additional USB ports and a black roof. Does anyone have any recent experience or information on typical lead times? I wonder whether I'd be better buying one from stock, especially if its months and months. Thanks

Old 07-23-2021, 03:20 PM
3rd Gear

I notice that the date of this post was January. Did you get one? (Discovery Sport PHEV)

I am looking myself, but have some concerns about the off road capability - flat hybrid battery no 4x4

JLR tell me that there will always be charge in the battery by virtue of the belt driven generator - my interpretation. Actual words;The battery is charged using regenerative braking and overrun, to give you an idea of the rate at which this attains charge when in 'save' mode on a 90 minute motorway journey the vehicle will recover 80% of its charge to enable EV driving at the other end of your journey.
The vehicle has a belt driven Integrated starter generator that will ensure the battery never fully depletes. In snowy conditions you would not be limited to 34 miles of four wheel drive capability, firstly because the vehicle wouldn't be operating in pure EV mode (assume this is where the 34 miles figure came from) if you were in conditions that required four wheel drive to engage, as the electric motor drives the rear wheels only, so it would be using the internal combustion engine in combination with the electric motor, automatically determining when it is appropriate to operate the electric motor. The car is designed to always support the instantaneous acceleration requests with both internal combustion and electric motor power even when stating that it has 0% charge thanks to the belt driven starter generator.

I would be interested in yours or others experience of this.

Thanks

Last edited by wilfsoft; 07-24-2021 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Missed car model
Old 08-03-2021, 02:25 PM
1st Gear

I've just ordered mine, confirmed the spec today. I'm advised in the UK that adding HUD or electronically deployed tow bar will extend the delivery time till mid 2022. Safe to say I won't be adding those! Delivery time est Nov/Dec - quite possibly end up being January '22 ....

Old 09-08-2021, 06:02 AM
3rd Gear
Default Delay

Hi, apparently there is a supply problem with micro-chips. Personally, I think that this is to allow them to to put the price up, we ha e problems with the headrest, causing dizziness when driving. What other problems Lyon under the bonnet?