Engine Swaps This is the place to discuss any and all motor swaps for your Land Rover.

Pre-Planning LS Swap Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2022, 12:00 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 120 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Pre-Planning LS Swap Questions

Hi All

Over the years been following the AC Engineering updates..website, reading the forum, watching the Lost Cause Ranch videos dozen times or more, LS builds on YouTube. Have many questions but I’ll start with just a few.

My 04 has had a recent transmission rebuild, upgraded drive shafts, lift etc so hopefully is a good candidate for this swap. Decided to go the more expensive route L33 crate engine. Yeah I know lost my mind but I’m trying to justify the expense by not having a newer/new car. Also need a fun project.

- Waterpump - Looks like going to an LS1 pump gives 3/4” space for steam block connection spacer. LS6 pump gives an additional 3/4”. Understand that 1.5 inch spacer will still be needed to line up the pulleys but the design still overall sticks out less by an inch or so. Will this setup work? Is it worth gaining some space forward of fan?

- Intake Manifold - this would be just for looks. But would like to replace with something like a fabricated intake manifold from Summit racing along with throttle body. Understand that the last thing needed would be for that to all move forward at all, since the stock setup is challenging enough to get the air intake hose routed. Any suggestions/guidance. Alternatives to the Spectre hoses that AC Engineering recommends?

- ECU Bracket - lost cause ranch used the GM bracket for this in the area where the SAI Pump etc was located. They had to also fabricate an additional bracket as well. Would like to know what you all used. Off the shelf hardware to avoid fabricating?

- LS Engine - Seems like a lot of builds leave off emission components. Delete the Knock sensors and install after-market valley pan to seal everything up. Thoughts ? Florida doesn’t have emission checks so I have a little leeway. Does the Rover side of things require anything ?

Thanks again for any guidance and help.

Old 12-05-2022, 08:06 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Post this on the "discovery 2 LS Conversion" thread it will be seen there.

Old 12-05-2022, 09:16 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 120 Likes on 82 Posts

Thanks Rynoman1. Will do.