Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Freelander (https://landroverforums.com/forum/freelander-17/)
-   -   Hill descent light and Traction control light are ib (https://landroverforums.com/forum/freelander-17/hill-descent-light-traction-control-light-ib-1465/)

newfrl 09-23-2005 10:41 PM

Hill descent light and Traction control light are ib

I bought a 2002 Freelander just today. Loved driving it home. When I got it home the Hill descent light and traction control light came on. Help! Does anyone know why? AW:D

modyfyit 09-24-2005 12:29 AM

RE: Hill descent light and Traction control light are ib

did you just have a service done to it? or the battery replace/disconnected or even the wheels or wheel taken off... if none of the above go start the car and see if they come back on... i just did a service on one and on the test drive they came up but went to lunch came back started car drove and they were gone hooked up t4 and nothing so hopefully it is just checking itself if it is still on let us know

newfrl 09-24-2005 11:27 PM

My husband was able to put the car in reverse a couple of times which seemed to do something to maybe set the brakes! I am not car-literate so bear with me! Anyway, the lights have not come back on so all is good . What an amazing Freelander! Great car! Thanks for the response. AW

2003FreelanderSE 09-30-2005 07:13 PM

Just had this fixed on mine (I hope). The dealer could not find any fault codes, but indicated that sometimes the stop light switch causes this issue. THe service manager flipped the part in so quickly that I didn't even get a copy of the work order, so I don't have a part number.

rinmud 10-01-2005 08:49 AM

Believe it or not it is the brake light switch, I install around 10 a week for this reason. $47.00 for the switch and takes around 5 minutes to install beneath drivers dash

jtrieu 03-14-2006 04:33 PM

The real reason is that it's a lemon!!

I have a Freelander 2002 and I've had nothing but problems with it. Landrover has actually discontinued the model. You can check on their website...it doesn't even list it as a model any more. I've had my rover in the shop 12 times and 11 of those times was for replacement of defective parts!! Not a good percentage.

They advertise that this vehicle is the most travelled vehicle on earth and yet I can't get it out of the driveway!!! They talk about adventerous, quality, and supermacy but I have not seen any of these qualities. Save your money and buy something else.

anandsangwan 06-07-2010 09:23 PM

Hill Descent Light and Traction Control Light

Hi could anyone please tell me where to find the brake light switch in Landrover freelander. From internet I could see that if the hill descent light is and traction control light is on then its something to do with Brake Light Switch. thanks

Rovin4life 06-12-2010 10:27 AM

yours should have had the recall done where all the switches have been replaced by the dealer. Take it to them. If the recall has been done and its not the switch they can get you an accurate diagnosis.

bentonrover 06-16-2010 10:07 PM

Mine been pretty reliable except for the heater core.

georgery 08-20-2010 10:09 PM

brake light switch

the problem is the brake light switch, have it replaced your local land rover dealership, this is a recall so they can not charge you for this fix, had mine done 2 years ago and not one problem since