General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

00 Range Rover HSE, alarm/wont start/disabled

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 Range Rover HSE, alarm/wont start/disabled

Hi all, I have a 2000 Range Rover 4.6 HSE, and someone jumped started it last week, and after that, the keyless entry does not work, and when I put the key in the door it wont unlock the other doors, then I open the door and the alarm starts going off and in the message center it reads engine disabled etc when I try to start it, I tried the EKA prcedure on Rangerover.net to try to get it working with generic code 1515, but no luck, maybe I am missing something, anyone here have anymore info or steps to get me riding again?
Thanks for any help.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 00 Range Rover HSE, alarm/wont start/disabled

I am probably the wrong person to give advice, because I just got my range rover and I am still learning the vehicle. Anyway, if I were to guess, I would say that you probably have to go to the dealer and they may have to reset the codes in the machine. I make that guess, because there are certain features that don't work for my 2008 HSE, but can only be enabled at the dealer. Features like, Drive Away Locking (Car hits a certain speed and door auto locks) and the Panic alarm. The dealer told me that he would have to put the SUV on a computer to activate. He was also nervous and told me it doesn't always work [sm=wtf.gif]

Old 12-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I am looking at buying a 99', another member on the forums here gave me this link for all the wierd things that happen to these. I read thorugh it and there is a section that talks about the lock down if hte car is jumped. Look through and see if you find what you need. Good Luck!

http://www.rangerovers.net/newrremedies.htm#intro

Old 12-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

HR that was me that gave you that link, here is another good one that looks @ all range rovers http://www.rangerovers.net/fixindex.html

Old 12-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Recovery Vehicle

ORIGINAL: skyguy

HR that was me that gave you that link, here is another good one that looks @ all range rovers http://www.rangerovers.net/fixindex.html
Thanks, I did not go back and look to see who gave it to me but thank you for sending it my way. If that Rover is not sold by the time I get back from holiday travels I am going to buy it. I think I should rescue it and make aure an enthusiest will take care of it.

dofbft let us know how it works out.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What color is it?

Old 12-23-2008, 12:37 AM
Recovery Vehicle

It is the dark blue, it has the front brushguard and tail light guards too. The interior is in nice condition too.

Sorry, did not mean to hijack the thread.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:06 AM
Mudding

hold the unlock button and unlock the car manually, then hold the lock button and lock the car manually. this will re syncronize the key scott

Old 07-22-2013, 01:15 PM
1st Gear

2000 range rover code on dash, engine disabled then it will not start what to do

Old 07-25-2013, 04:39 AM
4wd Low

I have a 2000 Range Rover HSE, and I use to have that problem and a couple of times I did the generic code 1515, and it started, but I that problem still came up every now and then, until I talked to the dealer and they told me I needed to order the remote key, so once I did that, I haven't had any problems with starting my Range.

Quick Reply: 00 Range Rover HSE, alarm/wont start/disabled