General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'89 Range Rover for sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 09:37 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '89 Range Rover for sale

Hey everyone I've got an 1989 Range Rover I need to get rid of. Its been sitting in my yard for well over a year now because it has a few problems I don't have the time to fix.

The car runs just fine and has the ability to be driven easily. It has got brand new brake systems including pads and rotors, it has a brand new power steering pump, spark plugs are fairly new with new ignition parts. I also just put new tires on the car before I "retired" it so the tires are practically brand spanking new. A fun addon is the previous owner had put Rhino-Liner on the top because he was a big kayaker and hated scratching the top of his Rover. The interior is okay, with small rips and tears simply because it is 21 years old. The transmission is a little stickey because its been sitting for so long. It also has a leak in the gas tank somewhere, its a small leak but I can't find the thing.

All in all its a great car for either a fix up, or a parts pile. I loved that car as best I could, but in the end the mechanical work became too difficult to the point I couldn't do it myself with my few years of training and I needed professional help. With professional help, things got expensive. So I looked up the Kelly's blue book value for "Fair Condition" and it says 1,000 (really they actually didn't have the 1989 version so I had to look up the 1990 model and it came out to be 1,400 for "Fair" condition). So I am going to say 1,000 OBO.

I live in Delaware so I do not know how far many of you live.

thank you so much
Cameron

Old 07-13-2010, 09:42 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for posting this "For Sale" here, I didn't see the private selling Forum down the line. If an Adminstrator wants me to move it I will. Sorry for the mishap.