General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

91 RRC ABS Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 07:36 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 RRC ABS Issue

So the other day, my ABS pump stayed on constantly for about a minute. I unplugged the pump and made it home. I decided to slaps some new pads on and bleed the system step by step until step 10(? stating if it was on for more than 45 seconds check for a leaks).

The pump stayed on but No leaks were present. So I figured i'd ask some land rover guys. They said that my pressure switch could have gone bad. So i ordered one(The AC DELCO one, which is literally a repackaged ATE one) and slapped it on. The pump was still constantly running.

So, I figured I'd pull the pressure switch off and try to push the button (simulating hitting desired pressure, also trying the old switch). You could hear the switch click on and off. The pump kept running with no change. So, i'm down to the relay possibly being stuck. Someone had said to swap with the identical relay to the left of the abs pump relay. I did this and still no change. So either both Relays are bad or my new switch is ****. I doubt it is, as it was a sealed unit. But it can happen.

How should i proceed from here? I need the truck this weekend and i can't seem to find a relay to swap with to at least narrow what is causing this issue. Anyone in the Denver/Boulder Colorado area?

Last edited by Roflcopter; 07-15-2016 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:14 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I tested the relays and they work perfectly. Someone said there is a pressure switch in the abs block that can control the pump, as well....investigating that now....

Old 07-19-2016, 11:07 AM
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm assuming that the ABS light goes out while driving. If not, the ABS Control Unit has stored a fault.