General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket warrantys, anyone ever use them?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 05:56 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket warrantys, anyone ever use them?

I just bought an 03 Range with 63,000 miles on it. I have the opportunity to buy a 2yr aftermarket warranty from a company called "Prizm Administrative Solutions, Total Protection Plan", they're out of Colorado. It's their Delux plan. Anyone ever use them? I have had lots of bad luck with these aftermarket companies in the past. I'm told that this company is very good & very reputable. I tried getting one through Land Rover but no dice. I'm new to the group so it's nice to meet everyone............ Feel free to tell me anything at all about the 03 Range, I'm a novice & this is my first one. It's actually a Christmas gift for my wife.

Old 11-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: Aftermarket warrantys, anyone ever use them?

I was referred to this company by a fellow forum user. www.warranties4wheels.com I have emailed them and Jennifer has responded. The extended warranty business seems to be pretty cut throat so do your homework. I just acquired a 2003 Range Rover with 23K miles on it for my wife - an extended warranty is in line but I am going to do a couple of months of investigation. Good luck

Old 11-30-2006, 09:25 PM
Drifting

I got mine thru aaautowarranty.com. They were the cheapest and were back by Lyndon Insurance. 4-year 48,000 mile, $50 ded, for $2,000.00. I had one quote for $2700.00 for that exact insurance provider, Lyndon. So it pays to shop around. Some companies won't even warranty Range Rovers/Discoverys.

I just bought it and have to wait a month till I get to use it. They want to make sure the vehicle can run a month before they pony up the dough.

This is for a 2002 Discovery with 56,000 miles on it though.

Good luck

Old 11-30-2006, 10:22 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Also consider gettin a quote from your Rover dealer while your truck is still in warranty, may be a little more expensive but worth it.
Mike

Old 11-30-2006, 10:41 PM
Overlanding

KWAYZ, you don't need an aftermarket warranty, you're cover until 60,000 or another year. Just take to the Land Rover dealer to extend it. I had a quote from Warranty's4wheels & they were very expensive & I didn't like the terms. It said you can take the truck anywhere you want for service but they have the right to take the truck anywhere they want to actually get the work done. Ryanrover, I don't know when you got your warranty from AAA but I work for AAA & they no longer do any Land Rovers. Bummer....

Old 12-01-2006, 01:28 AM
Overlanding

Whoops... I just re-read & realized you said AAautowarranties not AAAwarranties... My bad.

Old 12-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Three Wheeling

Our warranty is up next April and I am doing my due diligence now to figure out which way I go. From now until April every burp gets a dealer visit.

Old 12-01-2006, 08:15 PM
Overlanding

You are wise KWAYZ.... But do yourself a favor go with the actual dealer warranty from Land Rover. I've had bad results with other warranty companies. Then do us a favor & let us know how you made out & what you found out....

Old 01-27-2007, 09:44 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: RichieRich

You are wise KWAYZ.... But do yourself a favor go with the actual dealer warranty from Land Rover. I've had bad results with other warranty companies. Then do us a favor & let us know how you made out & what you found out....
Which warranty companies you had bad results with?

Old 03-01-2007, 02:01 PM
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aftermarket warrantys, I bought LR dealer

I researched it as well. It was back in 2005, but had a quote from warranty4wheels I think for around $2200, that covered everythign - except air suspension. I got the dealer to sell to me for 10% off, and total was around $2500. My decision to go with the dealer LR warranty was components covered, like air susp and a couple other very small items not listed on the 3rd party contract. Its those little things that can add up. In any case, its paid for itself just in a new aircompressor and 4 airbags alone. Had I bought the 3rd party, I'd been out another $2500. The other reason I chose the LR warranty was I wanted the same treatment from my service dealer when dropping off, getting loaner or rent car and turnaround time for repair. No delay's, no hassels. just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket warrantys, anyone ever use them?