General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air bag suspension replacements recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air bag suspension replacements recommendations?

I finally bought my replacement truck, 02 p38 blue with 82000 miles, the truck had 2 owners from maine, engine is clean no leaks, valve covers are clean, it looks like it was well taken care off and not beaten up, anyway i got the truck today from the trucker and it has 2 issues that ive noticed first is service light on and its p1414 p1717 which pertains to its secondary air system so im tracing all the vacuum lines with regards to the secondary air pump, but my main concern was the eas blinking light at normal ride height and a steady light at the access light, been reading up on it for the latter part of today on different forums, and it all leads to the obvius air leak, so my friend will be doing the soap test on the block lines valve block and such, now if its the airbags that i have to replace, ive discovered 3 company
1. Arnott suspensions
2. Strutmaster suspension
3. Suncore industries
Of all three companies Suncore had the cheapest price on Gen 3 suspension vs Arnott suspension.
ive search online but didnt find any feedback on Suncore not like Arnott,
so any help advise or feedback on the reliability of these companies is much appreciated, i learned alot from this site with my 03 disco and now this 02 is a new adventure for me.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never heard of Suncore. Arnott is very accepted within the Rover community for providing quality air spring replacements. To my knowledge Arnott developed the Gen III airbag so any other company which has 3 gen of bags kind of seems like a knock off (and very possibly not legitimate) company. If you are looking for something cheaper you may want to just get Arnott Gen IIs. The Gen III's are really only advantageous if you plan on off-roading and tweaking the height settings and replacing the OEM shocks. Arnott also has a lifetime warranty on their products.

I had a favorable experience with Arnott, as have many others within the Rover community, so personally that's my recommendation.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Rock Crawling

I just put a set of Arnott Gen IIIs about 2 months ago and I love them. I would highly recommend them.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:00 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Arnott all the way, their shop on ebay has the best pricing I think.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Overlanding

this is what suncore offers on gen 3 bags they dont offer any technical specs like arnoot
http://www.suncoreindustries.com/lan...spring-bag.htm
im not planning on going offraoding with the truck i just want something off a better design than oem and for prventive maintainance against future headaches.

Old 12-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Rock Crawling

I went with Gen III's but would recommend Arnott's Gen IIs since you don't plan on off-roading. It's true the Gen IIIs have slightly better handling then Gen II's but it isn't worth the price difference in most cases. The Gen IIs' are a bit cheaper then the Gen III's but have a better design then OEM.

I still question suncore's legitimacy. Their bags are only a few bucks cheaper too since they aren't sold in pairs... they also don't have Arnott's lifetime warranty.

Old 12-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by ldivine
I still question suncore's legitimacy. Their bags are only a few bucks cheaper too since they aren't sold in pairs... they also don't have Arnott's lifetime warranty.
i believe suncore industries advertises in here, i willl have to check tomorrow they are sold in pairs or not because from their ebay auctions i was under the impression that the price was for a pair if thats not the case arnott will be my choice gen2.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Drifting

I have the 2inch lift strutmaster kit coming, it should be to my house this weekend. My EAS light came on after about 10 plus minutes of failing to raise the right rear bag to normal height, the shop did put a new bag on in hopes of that fixing it but it didn't.

So for $597 including shipping and the shop to just charge about $400. to put them on I hope I'm doing the right thing.

Anyone else try the strutmaster kit?

Gary
1998 RR 4.0 109k

Old 12-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Overlanding

just got the car back and it turn out the previous owners did work on the secondary air sytem and totally screwed up the lines so after my mechanic figured the secondary air the eas worked as it should.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:52 AM
Drifting
Default Strustmasters Kit

I just got my 98 P38 back from the shop, I ordered the 2inch lift coil spring kit through Strustmasters and the shop AIR in Tacoma only charged me $450.00 to install them, it's very nice.

Attached Thumbnails air bag suspension replacements recommendations?-dsc02905.jpg  

Quick Reply: air bag suspension replacements recommendations?