General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buyers guide to RRS

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 11:32 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyers guide to RRS

I am on my third RRS. It's the 2014 loaded out with options that bring the sticker to $134K.

I loved my previous two RRS models and can certify that the 2014 RRS is the single biggest piece of sh-t I have ever had the unfortunate mistake to purchase.

When I rent an SUV.. I think its the GM Acadia valued at about 1/4 the price of my RRS and wish it were my car, then there is a problem.

Numerous flaws in the RRS go unaddressed and I am told they cannot be replicated by the repair dept at the Land Rover dealer. It is like standing in front of the king explaining the sky is blue, but they keep telling you that its impossible.

Bottomline, the front end of this RRS 2014 feels like and has always felt like it is loose and about to come off. It makes crazy noises shortly after purchase and have never been resolved despite numerous attempts. Several other RRS owners have reported similar issues, yet the dealers do little to nothing to correct.

I should not have spent $134K for a car I wish were more like the one that is $20K+ from a rental car company.

I'm not a car enthusiast. I'm not a customer with grand expectations. I just thought I would be getting a car like the one I previously enjoyed that worked right or at the very least would be made right by the maker.

I've also never ever had an emotional feeling about a car. This Range Rover Sport is such a piece of crap and the lack of support for the car such a disgrace that I regret having to tell you that you would be far better off with another car than this one. I hate it. Period.

Land Rover can take this piece of crap and shove it... well you know where.

You have successfully converted a solid Land Rover customer into someone who would be a fool to ever buy a Rover again.

Everytime I start my car... when it recognizes the smart key.. I regret my purchase of a legendary car that used to be amazing. It's so far from what it used to be. Never again.

Old 09-24-2016, 09:21 AM
Mudding
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

A land rover enthusiast forum isn't the best place to air out your grievances.

We own land rovers and love them.

Basically we're not buying what you're selling.

Call land rover US and bypass the dealer if you have a problem. This is new car 101.

Old 09-24-2016, 01:52 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 160 Likes on 127 Posts

That sounds like an issue of dealer service. Is there another dealer you can go to instead?