General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buzzing in dash....superhot center console '06 RR HSE

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 10:56 AM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buzzing in dash....superhot center console '06 RR HSE

Alright....you guys really helped me out with my SRS light issue; so here's another one.

We have an '06 RR HSE. Once the dealer finished 60 days worth of work on the car to correct the SRS light issue (was a wire in the steering column, by the way), we now have a fairly loud buzzing sound coming from the dash near the controls for the heating/cooling. This buzzing is on ALL the time, whether the car is on or not.

In addition to this, my center console is really heating up like crazy. Of course, this is only when the heat is on. When I say it is heating up like crazy, I'm serious. The cup holder gets so hot I can barely hold my coffee cup when I remove it. The heat encompasses the whole center console. Which is nice when I have my breakfast sandwich sitting near the little coin tray above the gear shift. I'm thinking this is not normal, though. We did not have this issue last year.

Any thoughts on these 2 things? I hate to lose the vehicle for ANOTHER 60 days...but I really don't want to see the thing blow up.

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its probably the cooling fan for the electronics, or the main blower is going out. It could be a number of things, but you won't know for sure until you open it up. RR electronics are usually pretty sensitive, and heating them up to the temp you described is slowly ruining them. So I would try to get this resolved very quickly. Do you notice any other things out of the ordinary, like decreased cooling or heating effectiveness?

Old 12-03-2009, 12:30 PM
6th Gear

That's what I was afraid of. Back to the dealer.....

Old 12-03-2009, 12:36 PM
6th Gear

To answer your questions....no, I'm not noticing anything out of the ordinary, just the buzzing and the heat. And, the heat really seems to kick in when I have the heater running. I don't notice it when I have the heat off....or, I haven't noticed it YET.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe one of the heat transfer tubes in the console has become disconnected.
Buzzing in the dash not sure but its not good