General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

eas fualt 35mph

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010 | 11:00 PM
|
Three Wheeling
Default eas fualt 35mph

ok so i got the truck like this it already had been fitted with springs
what i want to know is will this fualt on the dash not to exceed 35mph
actually keep the truck from exceeding 35mph? because it seems like the truck will not shift past 35mph and if this is the case can and how to bypass it?

Old 07-03-2010 | 12:51 AM
Recovery Vehicle

It sounds like when they did the swap they did not update the software for the EAS system. The fault will not stop the truck from going over 35mph so you can keep driving it. You can download the software to clear the fault from RSW solutions (I think that is right) so at least it will not show up in the message center. I am not sure why it will not shift but it is probably not the fault.

Old 07-03-2010 | 09:08 AM
|
Three Wheeling
Default eas fault

cool thanks i have download the software working on getting a cable to hook it up to the ecu,also it might be that i did not drive it fast enough to see ither how it shift i got the truck with a bad brake modulator and just fixed yesterday so i only drove it threw the neborhood ill take it on the highway..and see for sure

Old 07-03-2010 | 11:59 AM
Recovery Vehicle

If it is delaying the up shift into 2nd or third then make sure you replace the tranny filter, the truck does hang in gears a little longer then a normal car I would say so it is a little normal. Also just to clarify, is this a P38?

Old 07-04-2010 | 01:17 AM
Three Wheeling

if you just want to get the warning off the cluster monitor. you can jump a ground and positive to the eas ecu harness. i forget what 2 jumper numbers it is though. it's been a while.

Old 07-04-2010 | 10:11 AM
Rock Crawling

Yes, that's what was done to mine to get the message off the screen.

Old 07-04-2010 | 01:08 PM
|
Three Wheeling
Default p38

Originally Posted by handsome rob
If it is delaying the up shift into 2nd or third then make sure you replace the tranny filter, the truck does hang in gears a little longer then a normal car I would say so it is a little normal. Also just to clarify, is this a P38?
yes it is

Old 07-04-2010 | 01:11 PM
|
Three Wheeling
Default eas ecu

Originally Posted by middleman496
if you just want to get the warning off the cluster monitor. you can jump a ground and positive to the eas ecu harness. i forget what 2 jumper numbers it is though. it's been a while.
wich one under the seat is it the one in the front or back?
be nice if somone had photos of this

Old 07-04-2010 | 04:15 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by sickvehicle
wich one under the seat is it the one in the front or back?
be nice if somone had photos of this

It is th eone in the front, I do not have pics and honestly am too lazy to go out and snap one. The harness connector is like a sideways one where the wires come in on one side and then it runs the length of the connector. You really can't miss it.

I still have my EAS so I keep my cable I made in the glovebox with my scanner, that way if I am ever out and get a fault I can clear it. Good luck with it.

Old 07-04-2010 | 10:33 PM
Rock Crawling

Handsome Rob,
You mentioned above that these RR mine being a 02 P38, take a little long to shift into the different gears for example when you enter the highway from a dead stop to 60 mph. At what rpms does the switching of the gears happen?
1st to 2nd = ? rpms
2nd to 3rd = ? rpms
Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: eas fualt 35mph