General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!! air suspension

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 03:07 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! air suspension

2000 HSE.. this morning i got in my truck and it was all the way down, and had EAS error, with all lights blinking on the suspension..
when i turn the key on, i can hear the eas motor.. any ideas????? fuse, relay????

Old 10-30-2006, 03:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HELP!! air suspension

You have to get a shop to pull the codes by hooking up a scanner (and not a OBDII type). The odds are you have a leak in one of the four airbags or in the valve block. But the Autologic or Rovacomm scanner will reveal this. You can do a physical inspection of the airbags, looking for fine cracks near the bottom perch.

Wish it was a simple thing like a fuse, but what you are hearing is the EAS compressor attempting to pressure up the system.

Read my tech info section regarding suspension at http://www.eurotekapg.com/susp.html

Regards,
Geoman
eurotek apg
Northern California

Old 10-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Drifting

so.. could it be a crack or something in the "storage tank" if there is a such thing.

Old 10-30-2006, 03:29 PM
Rock Crawling

This system has many components. Compressor, valve block, driver, ride height sensors,....you get the idea. There is a chance you have a split line near a air bag. But there is just as much a chance that one of the solenoids in the valve block is sticking, or one of the many o-rings in the system has developed a leak. This is why the diagnosis is difficult by the DIY guy. I suppose you could try and start the vehicle, and spray soapy water around the airbag perches and the valve block ---looking for bubbles. But that is about all you can do without the diagnosis tool.

Geoman

Old 10-30-2006, 05:39 PM
Drifting

so.. if everything is fine from lines to bags.. and its expensive i may go with this
http://www.motorcarsltd.com/item.wws?sku=in105506
to manual .. and if the bags are gone.. i guess ill go with this
http://www.motorcarsltd.com/specials...icstandard.htm

any thoughts??

Old 10-30-2006, 09:18 PM
Rock Crawling

I recommend that you try to retain the original system IF the problem can be rectified economically. I will have some info tomorrow to help you troubleshoot the system without having a scanner. But to comment on your two listed options:

The first is something that has a risk associated in over-pressurizing the airbags

The second is popular when expensive EAS components have failed and cannot be re-built --but must be replaced with new. You have to also add the cost of new shocks to the second option, and so you end up spending about $600-700 total on the parts.

If this ends up being just a o-ring, line, or even a airbag ---you'd be money ahead to fix the existing system.

Regards,

Geoman
www.eurotekapg.com

Old 10-31-2006, 10:01 AM
Drifting

i had it towed to the dealer yesterday.. my fingers are crossed

Old 11-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Drifting

dealer called today.. some sensor. 430 with parts and labor.. plus my throttle body was leaking fluid, 130. and to fix my a/c book 1600.
so i just said fix the aes and tb

Old 11-01-2006, 09:47 PM
2nd Gear

I bought an air suspension replacement kit from Atlantic British in order to eliminate all the worries. I would highly recommend it.

Old 11-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Drifting

$430 for the sensor and the labor.. and its fixed./

Quick Reply: HELP!! air suspension