General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's Help Land Rover: How Would You Improve the Range Rover?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's Help Land Rover: How Would You Improve the Range Rover?

[align=left]I love my Range Rover and find it to be a great car but there are areas where I would improve. I would assume thatLand Rover monitorsthis site so I thought it would be nice to post ways to improve the Range Roverso that we may potentially influence the future generation (which they are probably finalizing now).[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]What are your ideas?[/align]

Old 01-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: Let's Help Land Rover: How Would You Improve the Range Rover?

To kick things off, I would like to see a better lighting scheme at night. The current night lighting is very unappealing to me and needs some flare. Different colors and better ambient lighting would be very nice.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Rock Crawling

I can't believe that I didn't post this thought first; Focus on reliability! These cars need to become more dependable.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Three Wheeling

luxury1, I know where this idea (for night time lighting I mean) came from teehee.

I would ... hmm,

- power lift gate, open and close that way you wouldn't have to get a salty hand/glove in the winter when you open the beck (still keeping the 2-part rear door though)

- when you press the memory button (for the seat to go back to position) you should only have to press it once, not press & hold

- rear seats could fold flat instead of the flip forward idea, but only if it didn't compromise the rear space

... I have an 03, feel free to correct me if they did this later on already

Old 01-05-2009, 06:55 AM
Three Wheeling

Good points on all of those. I personally would love to see a vastly improved Bluetooth system (Please contact BMW for this Land Rover), improved Navigation System, better and more cupholders, and more rear storage room to name a couple.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Rock Crawling

ORIGINAL: Faymester
- when you press the memory button (for the seat to go back to position) you should only have to press it once, not press & hold
In mine you can do one press seating changes but the door has to be open when you push it (it may also work prior to putting the key in the ignition but I would have to check). Try opening your door and pushing the button and see if it works.

Better than our Lexus cars though where the button is disabled once the car is put in drive!

Old 01-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Three Wheeling

^ I'll try that. I'm still new to what everything can and can't do, as well as what Rover will do on it's own for it's own reasons.

I'd like the option to have the mirrors auto fold when Rover is in Park.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Drifting

All soft options (settings that are in a computer somewhere) should be user-settable or at very least maintenance settable:
Single-press user settings, or press and hold?
Do you want daytime running lights?
Allow me to lock my keys in the car?
Beep/warn if I don't fasten my seatbelt (probably not allowed, DMV) or if I leave my lights on, etc.
Timer for lights off
Radio off when key off
Alarm settings
etc.

Also, some random thoughts:
-lose the CD changer, give me an iPod connector or at least line in (this may be there already).
-rear seats easily removable

But really what I'd like is:
-sell a stripped down bare bones version - rubber floormats instead of carpet, washable seats, steel wheels, etc. Obviously power windows, ac, power seats, all that is now standard. And don't skimp on the powerplant/running gear. Have one of these for every vehicle model.
-sell the Defender in the US again!!!!
-make a new version of the 101 forward control. Sell it in the US.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Reliability and off road capability still!, don't turn the RR into a soft-roader Ta Ta!

But more importantly then the RR, BRING BACK THE DEFENDER TO THE US!

Old 01-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be nice to have the following: 1) auto start feature so you can allow the car to warm upin cold mornings without you having to be in the car.2) keyless start go option would be cool like Lexus has,3) I WOULD LOVE to have a separate Lock Unlock button like I had with my Mercedes Benz,4)Interior Reading lights would be great, and 5) it would be awesome if there was a 6 CD player somewhere within the center console as oppose to hidden in the glove department

Quick Reply: Let's Help Land Rover: How Would You Improve the Range Rover?