General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Macco?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Macco?

has anyone ever had their range rover painted at maaco. my paint job is going on my 96 rover is going to hell and i have no other choice than to repaint it. i went to one body shop recently , and i told them i need the whole car repainted and they wanted $1600. i have herd some good and bad about macco. i havent got a price estimate from them yet but before i call i wanted to see if anyone has got their entire car painted with macco and how it turned out?

Old 02-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Macco?

Haha...you might be the first Range Rover ever to go through a Maaco.

The only time I ever considered a Maaco paint job was on my 1987 Pontiac 6000 when I was 16.

A good paint job costs money, and you WILL get what you pay for. If you want a lower cost paint job, do all the prep work yourself, then take it to get painted.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:30 AM
Mudding

$1600 isn't a bad price if that includes the door jams. It cost me $3,000 to have my Jeep Cherokee done. If you plan on keeping the Rover, I would save up the extra $ and have it done right. I didn't use Macco, but I went with a guy that did ultra cheap paint jobs when I had a Mustang. In about a week the paint started to chip..then I had to turn around and spend another $2500 to have it done right.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Macco will give you exactly what you pay for, a crap job.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Overlanding

Before everyone trashes Maaco remember that each one is different, and is a reflection of the owner. I have seen great paint jobs from Maaco and horrible ones, the prep is very, very important.

As someone said earlier, a good paint job will be around $4-5k, if you go with a $300 Maaco spray you are getting what you pay for, but if you pony up $1500 to $2000 at Maaco you will get a good quailty job.

I think Maaco gets a bad reputation because most people are cheap and get the CHEAP $200 to $400 job........Hello, of course it's going to flake in a year, or worse. But everyone I've known that has paid for the extra prep and good paint gets a good....not great......paint job that will last.

So, go visit with the owner of the Maaco and go over your expectations and see if the two of you agree on what the final outcome will be.

Good luck.......

Old 02-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Drifting

please repost your finding after you goto macco, i want to get my 99 rr repainted but there is nothing really wrong with my paint job now. my daughter wants me to paint it pink but we bit agreed on orange. i just don't want to spend 2000 or more so my daughter can be happy 800 maybe.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh wow an orange RR! That sounds pretty cool...the pink probably would have been to much for me...

I've always wanted mine a bright red!

Old 03-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Overlanding

everyone I have ever known that hs gone to macco has been dissapointed. Within a month or two your paint will be in as bad, if not worse shape, as when you started.

I agree with the save up and pay the $1600, unless you are planning on selling it soon. Or get in a wreck and let insurance deal with it... That last one was a joke