General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation/Monitor Problems Diagonsis-RR

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 06:42 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation/Monitor Problems Diagonsis-RR

I'm a new member. Did a search on this thread and unfortunately didn't find anything relevant to my 2005 Range Rover. Here's the issue. The Nav/Monitor turns on but shows the Land Rover logo only and the orange light on the on/off button blinks an orange light. Nothing turns on, no Nav, radio etc. I replaced the head unit with a unit known to work. It made no difference, the results and symptoms are the same...only the logo comes up on the screen. This is a 2005 model which I think is the first year of fiber and I don't think it has a seperate amp (although not sure). Anyway, do you all have an idea as to what might be wrong. All connections on the back of the head unit are good, like new and dry. As far as I know nothing exceptional happened that made it stop working properly. Thanks for everyone's help and assistance. Hope I'm posting this in the correct section.... Rob-2005 Ranger Rover HSE

Old 09-21-2014, 07:44 PM
Winching
Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

Most likely the NAV unit, but really could be anything on the MOST network, as I have done a few Telephone modules as well.

The easiest way to diag this network, is to use a Fiber Optic Jumper. You can order these from BMW for just a few dollars. It allows you to disconnect an item on the network but keep the loop closed. Once you eliminate the bad module, the other functions should resume.

If you don't want to mess with the optical jumper, you can re-route the fiber optic lines to eliminate a module, but you will need to keep track of which line is incoming and outgoing for the modules, you can make a real mess of the network swapping lines around.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:23 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for taking your time to answer....I did some looking on-line. I guess the jumper you reference is the Lollipop ? Thanks again.....Robert

Old 09-22-2014, 06:34 PM
Winching
Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

61136917541 Genuine BMW - Diagnosis Interface MOST Jumper - Free Shipping

Depending on what it is plugging into, you may need one additional piece, but I usually can use it "as is".