General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil change

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 01:35 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil change

Whats up everyone?My name is Cory and I am new to this forum.2 months ago I purchased a 2002 range rover 4.6 hse.The problem Is it came without a owners manual and I need to know the recommended oil change services and what oil to use.I already put 3000 miles on it and i dont want to damage my baby already.Also any help on finding a manual will be appreciated.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:04 PM
Administrator
Received 101 Likes on 83 Posts
Default RE: oil change

Every 3000 miles using a better quality oil and either a K&N 3001 or Mobil 1 oil filter.
By the way, how many miles are on your truck?

Old 12-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why the expensive oil filters?

Old 12-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Why use a junk filter to help maintain your expensive to replace engine, well Gee, let me think!!!
Why burn good gas, why run new tires when you can run used or better yet recaps.
I am always amazed when I see a question like this.

Old 12-24-2007, 11:35 PM
Three Wheeling

ORIGINAL: cory

Whats up everyone?My name is Cory and I am new to this forum.2 months ago I purchased a 2002 range rover 4.6 hse.The problem Is it came without a owners manual and I need to know the recommended oil change services and what oil to use.I already put 3000 miles on it and i dont want to damage my baby already.Also any help on finding a manual will be appreciated.

Scan down the page to the P38 Range Rover and right click to save to your desk top.

Voila the Shop Manual in PDF file.

http://www.landrover.ee/est/varia/downloads/cars.htm

Old 12-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Three Wheeling

ORIGINAL: Disco Mike

Why use a junk filter to help maintain your expensive to replace engine, well Gee, let me think!!!
Why burn good gas, why run new tires when you can run used or better yet recaps.
I am always amazed when I see a question like this.

Right on, Mike!

I've been using the high performance K&N Filters on all my cars and Harley's for the last 20 years. An extra $4is a small price to pay foroil with less contaminants running around in your engine block.

I swear, I'll never understand the thought process of somepeople!

Old 12-28-2007, 08:57 AM
Drifting

That is an obnoxious answer. I have worked in the industry for over 10 years now. Show me data that your K&N filter is better than a Wix. We all know K&N air filters dont filter nearly as many particles as a A/C Delco. I mean seriously run out and wast some more money. Come talk to me when you reach 400,000 miles on your motor. Then I will give you credit for your accomplishment.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Better yet, you come talk to me when you have 30 years in the shop, then we will be on an equal plain.
The3re have been many oil filter tests over the years that back my stand, with time you'll figure it out.
As for the K&N air filter, it is trash compared to their filter based on the quality of filter media, the number of square inches and their stainless steel valving.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Three Wheeling

ORIGINAL: Rfactor

That is an obnoxious answer. I have worked in the industry for over 10 years now. Show me data that your K&N filter is better than a Wix. We all know K&N air filters dont filter nearly as many particles as a A/C Delco. I mean seriously run out and wast some more money. Come talk to me when you reach 400,000 miles on your motor. Then I will give you credit for your accomplishment.

Stick to the oil filter topic.

And BTW,all the premium oil filters like K&N, Amsoil, Mobil1, WIX Racing etc that cost $9.00 or so will outperform the $3.00 el cheapo filters that you buy. Reason being, they have more filter area to trap particles as low as 10 microns, impregnated celulose filter media to produce high flow rates, anti drain back valves to prevent dry starts and a more durable construction.

Believe what you want, but keep in mind you get what you pay for!

Old 12-29-2007, 01:53 AM
Three Wheeling

What's the best oil to use?

Quick Reply: oil change