General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Own 2000 Range rover-New to Site-Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 01:21 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Own 2000 Range rover-New to Site-Questions

I have a 2000 Range Rover that has 97,000 miles on it. It was well maintained and bought it at 72,000. It needs some work. Air Bellows dry rotting, and the dealer says that it looks like I may have a coolant leak into the engine. Said it would be $1800 job to repair, but for now just keep eye on coolant level.I just ordered a new clock as mine stopped working, from Roverland parts.com for $40 to install myself. Just bought a mechanic's manual.

Couple of questions for everyone....

1. What are the best places to buy new and used parts from online? I have used BristishPacific.com for brake parts in past.

2. My rear window switches in the doors are no longer lit. Not a major issue, but would like to fix myself. Do you have to order a whole new window switch? How much? Where do you get them?

3. Does this coolant leak into engine sound familiar to you guys with the Range Rovers?

4. If I maintain the truck well, how long do these engines and transmissions hold up? Are these trucks good for a long ownership?
Thanks for your help... Dave

Old 07-17-2005, 02:21 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Own 2000 Range rover-New to Site-Questions

There is a sourse parts list in the search engine in the forum. It is a good thing to have. Keep with the idea of fixing things when they need to be fixed. Maintanence is the most important thing you can do for yourself and the vehicle. Long term use. I know a lot of rover owners with 200k and still running strong. I have a 96 disco with 130k. Take rover dealer for what they are. They are there to make money. Especially service. I was quoted 2400.00 for a 60k service, plus a front to rear replace all the things that give problem. got the parts from atlantic british for 500.00 took 12 hours over 2 day, did it myself and saved alot. I have the shop manual, and it has paid for itself many times over. Check ebay rover parts listings. have found some difficult to find parts. If there is a rover club in your area and want get involved with them. they are a great sourse for info, parts, and sharing of stories. It is fun. Hope it helps. Gotta love a rover. duboff