General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RRS: Nav off override + recal air susp lower?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 11:16 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RRS: Nav off override + recal air susp lower?

I've been looking for some solutions for a while to get around a couple of things. Firstly the auto lock out of the Nav system when the car is in motion is really starting to get on my nerves. 9 times out of 10 I'm sitting at the lights and want to enter an address and just before I can hit enter or finish the last entry step, the light changes and the nav entry shuts off as soon as you go over the 5kph or whatever it is limit. Several times now it's annoyed me that much I've just about put my fist through the display. My Merc on the other hand has no such BS 'safety' feature in the nav sytem. So has any one worked out which wire controls this feature yet and managed to override it?

The second one is purely a perference thing. On my SL merc I was told about a way to reset the standard height of the air suspension to personal preference (within reason to the geometry). This method, performed by the dealership themselves worked a treat on the Merc and I've never looked back. I'd like to do similar on the RRS. I think from what someone told me, it's not feasible to have the car sit permanently on the full low setting because there's inadequate suspension travel (this could be bs though). I'd be happy just to be able to have the stock setting a couple of inches lower as this is a daily drive car that will never see dirt, despite it's award winning capabilities(don't want a mark on it!).

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers