General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RRS SC Problems - need help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 09:50 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RRS SC Problems - need help!

I have had a RRS SC for three years. The navigation screen and all electronics lock up randomly when you start the car. This has been a problem since this was purchased from Field's Land Rover in Madison, WI. It has been in the shop over and over again with no fix. Derek Hornsby, the general manager, keeps promising a fix is just around the corner. I just keep getting the run-around from Derek and Fields. He has offered to get us into a new RRS - but giving me a trade-in value for my RRS and over invoice price on the new one (I could get that deal from any dealer). Has anyone out there dealt with this problem? Has anyone dealth with Fields?

[:@]

Old 10-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RRS SC Problems - need help!

Does the stereo display keep switching from phone removed/attached to fm to cd and when you push buttons not respond? If so, then your dealer is somewhat correct. Land Rover has recently released a service message stating that the cause of this issue is still under investigation and there is not currently apermanent fix. A temporary remedy is to disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes, reconnect, then turn the key to position 1 for about a minute, then off, then on. I believe that is the correct procedure, but might be slightly off. The important part is the battery disconnect/reconnect. Try that and see if it helps.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:07 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you hear about the service message? I am experiencing the same problem. Any word on a fix?