General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Is It About British Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 01:43 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What Is It About British Cars?

Well, our Jaguar XJR is going up on its lease in June. We have absolutely fallen in love with its performance, reliability, and surprisingly its economy. 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds, never a break down, and 22mpg on a 400hp supercharged V8. It has a lot of personality and seems to have mood swings like LRs. I know this is a Land Rover forum but, since Jaguars and Land Rovers are like Salt and Pepper (or in this case, dogs and cats) I figured it would be appropriate. We were so sad to see this charmer go, so we bought another! It seems as though every British car I encounter has some level of personality to it, from Land Rovers to Mini Coopers, it does not matter. They all seem to be very dynamic cars, always changing and adapting to their environments. There was a quote at the dealership that said "this is the closest thing we have created to something that is alive". It quoted the chairman of Jaguar but, I believe that is true with every British car and is what sets them apart from all of the other vehicles on the market.

I attached a Photo of the two jags and my rr, the black one is the one that is leaving us, I hope it finds a good home.

Attached Thumbnails What Is It About British Cars?-jagandlr.jpg  
Old 04-24-2009, 07:32 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great picture!

I know exactly what you are talking about. There really is something special about these cars and owners often feel very connected to the heritage.

I have always liked my cars but I never shared this sort of passion about one vehicle. It really is a major part of my life as opposed to a transportation device.

One thing that definitely intrigues me is the English background (I pretend it is only English and not partly Indian). I just have a feeling of respect and admiration for the car and I like the fact that it has served English royalty.

The XJR is also a great car. If I had another slot in the garage it would definitely have an XJ. One of the great things about the XJ and Range Rover is that you don't see as many of them on the street as other brands. They are definitely more rare and it adds to the mystique.