General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats good with the Land Rover?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 04:49 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats good with the Land Rover?

We're moving to toronto and my wife is insisting on a new car to move.
She wants a Land Rover or a Porsche Cayenne. I don't know that much
about either of these cars, but was hoping to get your opinion on how
they compare: http://vlane.com/comparison/1615/my-wife-wants-new-car

Old 06-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Overlanding
Default RE: Whats good with the Land Rover?

IN MY MODEST OPINION, I WAS ALSO LOOKING AT THE CAYENNE, THE TOUAREG AND THE INFINITY FX35, THEY BOTH LOOK GOOD FOR A WOMAN, BUT IF YOU WANT A MACHO LOOKING TRUCK, WITH PRESTIGE AND AN INTERIOR WHERE YOU WANT TO SPEND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, THEN BUY A LAND ROVER. I JUST SOLD MY 1998 DISCOVERY AND EVENTHOUGH ROVERS HAVE A BAD REPUTATION AT THE MOMENT, MY DISCO WAS VERY RELIABLE WITH CONTINUOUS MAINTENANCE OF COURSE!

Old 06-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Mudding

I'm thinking Cayenne......

Old 06-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Mudding

I'd love to give you a formative response but the board won't allow me....

Old 06-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Mudding

Owning 5 Rovers still now, my next vehicle purchase is going to be the Cayenne Turbo. Drove one all last weekend and am very impressed
with the handling and capabilities. I wouldn't buy it any way other than the turbo - then you just have a glorified Toureg.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want an all weather, go anywhere, love driving in Ontarios best. then buy a Range Rover!!I grew up in Mississauga, You dont need an s/c model, and you deffinatly dont need a turbo cayenne. Buy the RR for the 5-6 months of snowy weather and a porsche sports car for the summer!!I love porsches and own one, but ifI had to choose Id pick my Range rover.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Mudding

I decided to go ahead and do it after several test drives.....haven't dumped any Rovers yet, but will probably keep the HSE's and get rid of the seldom driven 06 Sport. If anyone interested....it's nice. Only 11k miles - interior package with upgraded leater, rear entertainment, etc. Also
has a Viper proximity remote alarm....

I don't think the Cayenne is any better looking, nor more capable as a 4wd vehicle. However, if you want to "get on it," it just exceeds the handling and speed of my Rovers.

Name:  DSC02490.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  100.1 KB

Name:  DSC02488.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  85.1 KB

Old 07-16-2008, 03:50 PM
2nd Gear

is it just me, or would the grills look a lot better if they were black on the porsche

Old 07-22-2008, 12:25 AM
Mudding

I'm thinking not, at least not on the all white version. On a black or silver, maybe.

I wish I had pushed a little harder on the dealer about the rims, I don't love the white trim on them, no way to keep clean.
But, the thing is a rocket ship compared to my HSEs and Sport, soI enjoy it for other reasons....

Old 07-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Drifting

No offense but your silver R/R sport is waaayyy better looking than the white Cayenne. Honestly, I'm not sure why Porsche ever made a psuedo SUV. If you're looking to get on it, just buy the Carerra. SUVs are for people who want to ability to drive in conditions that cars cannot handle and most are not concerned with the 0-60 time. I can't see how the Cayenne would have much of any abilities to do anything more than a car could do. And the white does not do that Cayenne any justice. At least take the advice of that other poster and slap on a black grill or chrome out those wheels ...something to pizzaz it up a bit.

Quick Reply: Whats good with the Land Rover?