General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

**Any Suggestions** Air Suspension Sudden Front End Raise

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 06:45 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **Any Suggestions** Air Suspension Sudden Front End Raise

I have a 2004 Range Rover and I’m having a major issue with the front Air Suspension. I have taken it to the dealer but they never find any error codes and can never duplicate the problem so they return the car back with the issue still outstanding. I have taken pictures of the warning light “Air Suspension Inactive” that comes on a couple times a month. I’m not sure why they can’t find the error codes from this? The problem with the car is when I come to a stop (once or twice a day this happens) the front end will shoot up very fast (so fast it would knock a drink off the dash) about 3 times faster than if I manually adjust the height. This happens if the car has been sitting for any length of time or at a stop light. When this happens, none of the dash lights come on showing that it's raising. The Air Suspension has been checked for leaks and it’s fine. This issue doesn’t happen all of the time so it’s hard to duplicate. The dealer will service it if “only” if an error code is present which does me no good because they can't find any codes. This is a serious problem and it is so startling that my wife will not drive the car any longer. Do you have any suggestions I can pass onto the dealer? I have several friends that have RR and not one has this issue. They have all seen what it does and also state it’s a major problem. The car has been at the dealer now for 3 weeks and their telling me they can’t find anything wrong. This is the 6th time in for this problem. I hope someone can help me.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:24 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Are you still in warranty?
If so call the service manager and have him set up an appointment with the local zone rep on his next visit, take in your information and pictures.

Last edited by Disco Mike; 02-26-2009 at 07:44 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-26-2009, 07:56 PM
2nd Gear

Yes, thankfully it's still under warranty. The issue is they can't find an error code which is strange since I've had the "Air Suspension Inactive" light go off several times. It happens only a couple times a day so unless they drive the car it's hard to duplicate. I just wish they would really put the time into figuring out what's wrong.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:03 PM
5th Gear
Default Similar but maybe not...

I recently replaced the left side airspring, as it went prematurely bad. I am out of warranty, and at 69,000 miles. The other 3 look great very little to no cracks, all replaced about a year ago. Right after I replaced it, it was on the bump stops, then aired up and that was it. I turned the tires left and right after i got it on the ground prior to driving.

Here is the issue, "Air Supsension Inactive" after it reads "Slow down" right after start up and mobilization.

Other symptoms, ride height will not adjust from driver inputs or driving conditions. It will try to lower when parked, only the rear setlles a bout 1/2" and you can hear it vent. the front does not change, only the back lowers. This caused me to check my connections on the corner I changed, and I cannot see anything out of sorts.

Looking for some feed back. I dont know what to do now. I think this forum can save me a trip to the dealer.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I look foward to your opinions.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:07 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might check that all the height sensor rods are connected... they shouldn't have come dislodged changing the bags but might be worth checking just in case.

There's no hissing or any other symptoms what-so-ever? Might try re-seating the bags and see if the problem persists.