Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-tech-help-8/)
-   -   2001 disco 2 induction instructions (https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-tech-help-8/2001-disco-2-induction-instructions-29186/)

noahsfortune 02-22-2010 09:46 PM

2001 disco 2 induction instructions

Anyone have the link to the induction instructions for the disco 2? I looked high and low. I have a 2001, with 98000 and its and SE. Thanks again for all your help.

yloDiscoII 02-23-2010 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by noahsfortune (Post 164037)
Anyone have the link to the induction instructions for the disco 2? I looked high and low. I have a 2001, with 98000 and its and SE. Thanks again for all your help.

Are you looking for instructions for the induction cleaning??

noahsfortune 02-23-2010 04:15 PM

yes please. Induction cleaning. I cant seem to find it.

yloDiscoII 02-23-2010 05:30 PM

I don't know if there are any detailed directions spelled out anywhere here recently for a DII. I did this a couple weeks ago on mine and it's easy.

You'll need a couple feet of vacuum tubing (unsure of the diameter) and I used a pair of needle nose pliers as my clamps to regulate the flow of Seafoam into the IM.

Disconnect the hose BELOW the hose with the red washer and connect your tubing up to that nozzle. The other end of that tubing will go into the Seafoam.

The rest is just like the other posts regarding the induction cleaning. Take your time drawing the Seafoam out of the can, it should take you around 5 minutes or so for the full can, use the pliers to regulate the flow. After the can is empty, shut off the engine and let it sit for 30 minutes. This is a good time to clean your out throttle body. After the 30 minutes is up, start it up and rev up the engine or drive like a crazy person around the neighborhood.

I did mine at night and was lucky enough for it to be foggy and my neighbors were gone, because it WILL smoke:eek:

WARWAGON 02-23-2010 10:39 PM

Once its hot You can actually use water too. Look at how a blown head gasket cleans the tops of the pistons and the head.

hilltoppersx 02-24-2010 10:42 AM

i used an adjustable so i could go start the truck without holding the needle nose, and the tubing is 3/8"

yloDiscoII 02-24-2010 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by WARWAGON (Post 164232)
Once its hot You can actually use water too. Look at how a blown head gasket cleans the tops of the pistons and the head.

Water instead of Seafoam??? I guess this be similar in principal to microwaving a cup of water to loosen all the spaghetti sauce and soup stuck to the walls on the inside??

Now I'm curious, have you ever tried this? Using water instead of Seafoam I mean, not blowing your head gasket to just clean you pistons?:D

WARWAGON 02-24-2010 01:06 PM

I've done it with water. As for does it work? That I do not know. I've never had anything apart before and after i've ran any cleaners or water through the engine. I just use the theory that when coolant/water gets in man does it clean stuff. But who knows? I guess if ya have a borescope you could check before and after.

yloDiscoII 02-25-2010 11:40 AM

Got the engine nice and hot and tried it last night with water, tripped some codes, but they disapeared before I could get them read. Hopefully my insides are just a little cleaner now! :D

WARWAGON 02-25-2010 03:11 PM

Yeah the missfire monitor goes crazy. You probably had a bunch of miss fire codes. It's all good!