General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2005 Land Rover LR3/Discovery 3 Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 04:00 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Land Rover LR3/Discovery 3 Issues

I've been running my LR3 HSE (V8) for about 5 years now without some issues here and there, but for the most part it has been rather reliable. Currently at about ~147k mileage and it seems my luck may have caught up to me.

I recognized the purge valve assembly issue a few months back, but my mechanic said it would be fine for some time. I only drove the vehicle to and from work in the week and would use other cars for the weekend when I would be driving longer than an hour. Fast forward a few months and I removed the purge valve assembly. Turns out the inner plastic lining melted and basically blocked any and all airflow. This was definitely concerning to me as I never thought their would be this significant of blockage. Once I restarted the vehicle and cleared the codes P0171 and P0174 returned.

It has been about a month since the purge valve was replaced and I've driven the car ~10 times. The first and strangest issue I've run into since then is that the vehicle will stall when decelerating on the highway on a hot day. First time, I was sitting still in dead traffic when all the sudden I lost all power. It started right back up and no issues after that. This has now happened 3 times, all hot days and nearly exactly 30 minutes after I started driving. Then on Friday, I started to lose cylinders and all power as I started to drive home from work. I immediately brought it back after a couple miles and carpooled home.

Today, I ran the codes and it came back with P0101, P0171, P0174 and P0332 (pending). My initial thoughts are the fuel injectors, but my technical background is limited. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.