General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2006 HSE Technical Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 10:40 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 2006 HSE Technical Questions

Hello,

I recently purchased an LR3 with some issues. The dash says Parking Brake Fault and the red parking brake light is lit up. Doing some searches and will gather info but figured I would post to get some advise on it too. What to look for etc.

It drove fine and I didn't notice the PB locked up while yard driving it.

Also, I have what could be a new head gasket replacement in my future. I was told the PO had a broken thermostat housing and the engine overheated. Once in the garage, I will do testing to see but I am starting to feel a motor replacement will be in order since there was a noticeable knocking from the top end. Some advice on the point of no return for the current motor would be great. I would like to avoid spending a bunch of money and time doing the diag work when I could just focus on the ordering of the motor and work on putting that in to get driving sooner than later. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:58 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

get a diagnostic scan done , the switch could be faulty , or the sensor could be faulty causing the brake to not release ..

activate the switch ,,play with it and see what happens while parked ...

start there ...

Old 04-28-2015, 02:09 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by justryan
get a diagnostic scan done , the switch could be faulty , or the sensor could be faulty causing the brake to not release ..

activate the switch ,,play with it and see what happens while parked ...

start there ...

Will do. Once I have it running, I will get it scanned. I did a search and found the issues you are talking about.

Here is hoping its just a switch.