General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Alarm won't disengage...I'm stuck in the underground!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 08:56 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm won't disengage...I'm stuck in the underground!!

Hi All,

My 2000 Disco Series II is stuck in an underground parking and the alarm won't disengage, rendering my "baby" usless. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Walked to the Disco, 20' away I hit the unlock button on my key, got in, key in ignition, turned to start and the alarm went off. I silenced it with the button on the key. Each time - same result..alarm. I got out and tried the manual key in door lock reset of locking and unlocking 5 times. Still no go. I've opened the hood and pressed the reset button located back on the firewall. Nothing but alarms!! I've been stuck in the underground since Sunday and it's a long weekend up here so I'm doubley stuck. HEEELLLLPPPP!!!!

Advice????

Old 08-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: Alarm won't disengage...I'm stuck in the underground!!

You have done everything I would have suggested other then possibily unhooking the ground cable and see if it will help reset the alarm.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:41 AM
3rd Gear

Mike - thanks for the reply. I'd called Roadside Assistance on Sunday and again on today (Monday) and they advised that the truck should be towed to the dealer. I couldn't see the sense in that since it's a holiday here and most things are closed. Anyways, they sent a tow truck just in case and it turned out that the battery was almost dead. Interesting since all the lights on the dashboard came on and the autolock worked just fine, as did the alarm.I can't recall the last time the battery was replaced but I know it's not the original. I'll have to wait till Tuesday to get a new one.

Perhaps this can serve as an FYI to others experiencing the same thing.

Thanks again

Old 08-12-2008, 11:34 AM
7th Gear

Hmm .. that's funny. This is the second post today where LR issues are similar to what I had in my Bronco. I had the exact same thing happen with the alarm on the Bronco. Well it's a good indication I guess when your alarm goes haywire it meansyour battery is on the fritz??? .......... hmmmm .... not very intuitive, is it?