General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Autologic

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 08:08 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autologic

Does anyone here have experiance with Autologics "Pocket OBD"? Will it diagnose and reset faults on all of the control moduals or only for ECM faults?

Rioja Red

Old 11-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts
Default RE: Autologic

Engine faults only.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:36 AM
ajh
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The least expensive full system you can get is the one I got, the Rovacom Faultmate SV, runs about $1200 or so.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Overlanding

Thats the one I'm thinking of getting. Can you tell me what operating system it runs on?

Old 11-13-2007, 08:11 AM
Three Wheeling

ORIGINAL: Rioja Red

Does anyone here have experiance with Autologics "Pocket OBD"? Will it diagnose and reset faults on all of the control moduals or only for ECM faults?
Rioja Red
Very limited help. What you want is Rovacom Lite, with the module for your year and model.

It is a MUCH cheaper (but still complete) version of the Testbook and Rovacom units used by the dealers. It will run on a laptop and comes with the necessary connectors. With it, you have all the diagnostics that your dealer has, along with their ability to reset idle or any other of the functions you may require to re-program your LR.

James

Old 11-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Three Wheeling

ORIGINAL: ajh

The least expensive full system you can get is the one I got, the Rovacom Faultmate SV, runs about $1200 or so.
I have used the Faultmate and the Lite. I have not notcied a difference aside from the price. The Lite is a much better deal for the moment...probably 1/2 the price and there are still plenty around. Simply google a bit.

James

Old 11-12-2018, 11:18 PM
2nd Gear
Thumbs down autologic diagnostic is over priced !

the way they conduct business is awful I bought 4 blue boxes in the passed and then the unit started losing certain program options then the company was bought out by another company and some of the old people came back to the company so I decided to upgrade to a new unit for 10k$ and within 11 days they start to offer the same units for $3500 if you had a active account which I did! so I bought another 2 units so I called back to the main office and they said that it is not their problem since I bought the computer from a outside vendor and not them (FALSE) When I called to buy the unit they referred me to the vendor where I bought my units so to recoup some my money back I decided to sell my old blue boxes on ebay then someone from Autologic calls me and tells me that I can not sell them because they will remove the software from the units now I am stuck with 3 very large blue paper weights! I was a very loyal customer and for a small shop to buy 4 units it was BIG investment for us and now this company to treat their customers like this is insane. I have given them an opportunity to fix this but no response as of yet.I would rather buy a real factory Diag tool then to deal with this shady company