General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Defender lhd conversion donor wanted

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2022, 04:11 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Defender lhd conversion donor wanted

Dear old Defender enthusiasts. Do you have a LHD steering Defender from 2002 to 2013 and want to convert it to RHD? Dear LR community. Im living in Sweden near Stockholm and Im finding that old LHD Defenders are ridiculously over priced and as the roads are heavily salted you can only get junk or very heavy millage for ridiculous money. Im going to my home country in Ireland in August for my vacation and planning to pick up my RR classic in storage and some garage equipment. Based on the replys or comments if its a TD5 or a Puma you have I'm considering buying the same vehicle in Ireland as I'm in the EU, I am finding the Irish defenders cheaper with less salt under them and less millage than where Im located. With TD5 it seems to be 10000 euros of conversion parts from UK or US which does not include shipping and similar on a puma. If we can split the cost of shipping the conversion parts its a win win. We even get to clean up the rusted bulkheads when we are in there . If your in Ireland/UK and you have a steering conversion problem like me on a puma or TD5 or maybe you want to ship the sentimental Defender home to UK and you want it converted I would be interested to hear from you.

From what I understand off my head a TD5 needs power steering hoses, brake pipes, clutch pipes, AC hoses, steering box, drop arm, panard rod, steering links, heater matrix, heater controls dashboard, floor mat, head lights and I think even the harness inside the bulk head or you can get away with that.

Please drop me a private message and we can get in touch

Please share this if you know someone who might interested

cheers