General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

This Dreadfull 03' D2

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This Dreadfull 03' D2

Hi there, new to this forum and a new Land Rover Disco 2 owner. Some how I am an unhappy soul. After waiting 2 years to save up to get my much anticipated D2 i am so disapointed.
First the truck was purchased at the end of December, in January I started getting the 4 light trio, (ABS, TC, Brake light, and Decent) This after taking it to the dealer where I purchased the truck which was not a land rover dealer, it was a chrysler/jeep dealer. They sent it to land rover and paid about 2,000 buckaroos to fix the problem. its been 3 months and im getting the same dilema again. The truck on certain days decides it wants to leak antifreeze, the cover for the engine has signs of oil leakage thru the gaskets I assume. Water drips thru second sunroof, and last but not least, the rear parking sensors dont work as they should. This is were things get interesting, Chrysler could not offer me a warrantee since they had no idea what a land rover is, however they sell them at least 1 each month. they purchased an EXTENDED WARANTEE from Nissan for me, hes u read right NISSAN. Who dont even know Discoveries are called Discos for short. These JACKALS are now telling me I have to pay LR for a diognosis, and if and after they do this, these parts I mentioned might not be covered. This again BEING THE EXTENDED WARANTEE. LR states they do not accept 3rd party warrantees. And so if the cost of repairing these issues is over the $3,000 mark which it will most likely be, who will cover the tab. I am so sick of this because I cannot get a certain person to help, I get tossed from manager to manager and no one knows what the hell I am talking about. I've had this LR for 5 months. paid tons of cash and I am not happy. It is at 59,000 miles and an 03' HSE7 model which is beutiful.. But these gremlins it has are torturing me. If any one knows what I can do please enlighten me, my wife wants to start a lemon law suite. I dont know what that would do or if I will benefit from it since this vehicle is so problematic from the start. I think I was lied to and fooled but I should have done my reserch. I do however wish this one would be repaired because it is such a comfy and luxurious vehicle.
I get fingeres pointed and turn heads when i ride around town. I just wish the person inside (me) would be happy. thanks for your time and any help will be greatly apreciated...

Old 04-13-2007, 02:04 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: This Dreadfull 03' D2

I also bought my Disco less than a year agao andI have nothing but problems with it. It's a 2003 Disco SE7. First the 4 amigos (TC, Brake, HDC and ABS light) came on and yes, it was leaking oil at the gaskets too. I have more problems with it at the moment and I am afraid to bring it back to the dealership. Eventhough I have extended warranty, evertime I go to have it serviced, the dealer finds something that is not covered by the warranty and I have to come out of pocket. I am really frustrated with my truck and really wished I bought something else. Like you, I have always wanted a Land Rover and when time finally came....nothing but disappointments. I will be following your thread to see if there is anything we can do about this.