General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Error Code extravaganza!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 03:00 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Error Code extravaganza!!

I bought this 04 Disco 4 years ago with 110K, and have taken it to 160K doing lots of repairs, mostly myself with the Rave and the helpful boards. This is my first time posting, because I can't find this problem already solved:

as short and simple as possible:

Rover runs perfectly until abruptly stalling at a stoplight and the SES light comes on. Started the rover back up and made it back home with a noticeable loss of power, especially when trying to accelerate.

Hooked up the OBD 2 code reader and got 10 codes.

P1884
P0102 Mass or air volume input circuit low input
P0414 secondary air injection system switching valve "A" circuit shorted
P1482 N/A
P0445 evaporative emission system purse control valve circuit shorted
P0448 Evaporative emission system vent control circuit shorted
P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor "a" circuit
P0134 O2 Sensor no activity detected
P0154 O2 sensor no activity detected
P1451 N/A

Checking fuses found number 5(cooling fans 40A) and number 2 (engine management system 15A) blown.

Replaced fuses, test drove rover. Fuses remain intact. SES remains on after code clearing within seconds and repeats exact codes time after time. Disco still has very noticeable acceleration power loss, but still starts and idles like a champ.

I replaced MAf and all 4 O2 sensors within last year.

Something is telling me that many of these codes are the product of a chain reaction of the source. Any ideas on where to try to find the source??

example: the no activity in 02 sensors is definitely a product of something else in the electrical chain...

also..which of the O2 sensors have no activity? the 0134 and 0154 codes signify which ones?

Just looking for a place to start. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and have used to rave to replace the steering box, valve cover gaskets, and alot of minor servicing throughout this fun filled driveway mechainc's 4 years with 04 disco Anyone got a starting point idea?

Old 12-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KeepinDiscoAlive
I bought this 04 Disco 4 years ago with 110K, and have taken it to 160K doing lots of repairs, mostly myself with the Rave and the helpful boards. This is my first time posting, because I can't find this problem already solved:

as short and simple as possible:

Rover runs perfectly until abruptly stalling at a stoplight and the SES light comes on. Started the rover back up and made it back home with a noticeable loss of power, especially when trying to accelerate.

Hooked up the OBD 2 code reader and got 10 codes.

P1884
P0102 Mass or air volume input circuit low input
P0414 secondary air injection system switching valve "A" circuit shorted
P1482 N/A
P0445 evaporative emission system purse control valve circuit shorted
P0448 Evaporative emission system vent control circuit shorted
P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor "a" circuit
P0134 O2 Sensor no activity detected
P0154 O2 sensor no activity detected
P1451 N/A

Checking fuses found number 5(cooling fans 40A) and number 2 (engine management system 15A) blown.

Replaced fuses, test drove rover. Fuses remain intact. SES remains on after code clearing within seconds and repeats exact codes time after time. Disco still has very noticeable acceleration power loss, but still starts and idles like a champ.

I replaced MAf and all 4 O2 sensors within last year.

Something is telling me that many of these codes are the product of a chain reaction of the source. Any ideas on where to try to find the source??

example: the no activity in 02 sensors is definitely a product of something else in the electrical chain...

also..which of the O2 sensors have no activity? the 0134 and 0154 codes signify which ones?

Just looking for a place to start. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and have used to rave to replace the steering box, valve cover gaskets, and alot of minor servicing throughout this fun filled driveway mechainc's 4 years with 04 disco Anyone got a starting point idea?
Did you ever get that P1451 figured out? I have the same code, car still runs fun thankfully. I also have C1114 Code, not sure what that is about? Any idea ??? Thnx