General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

fouling plugs an O2 sensors

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 01:14 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seafoam throttle body clense?

If it is your injectors,etc you may want to do the Seafoam cleaning. That may unstick/clean something? It is a cheap diagnostic.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:02 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Really? Autolite plugs are crap? Guess I should throw mine away, only been in there a couple years and getting 17mpg average. My Saab only gets 28mpg with the Autolites.

IDIOT! STOP MAKING BLANKET COMMENTS! There is nothing wrong with the plugs he used, probably not the wires either. Throwing parts at it will only dent his wallet.

You don't have injector issues if all 8 plugs are black, the odds of all the injectors going bad at once are astronomical. Very possible a sensor is off the charts.
Most likely the O2's are toast from being subject to all that raw fuel. Once the sensor is fouled it will not give a correct reading. Cleaning is hit or miss. Sensors are not that expensive.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:17 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Yes AutoLite plugs are crap.
I used tried two different sets, one set of Iridium and one set of copper, both lasted less than a month.
As for cheap plug wires, I tried that route too, first set lasted a year, second set a week, third set a day, fourth set a day.
Many many many MANY other's have reported similar findings with the AutoLite plugs and cheap wire sets.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:41 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's a shame you are so ignorant. You had a bad experience so the rest of the world did too? Site your source for all the "many, many, Many" people who had a problem with Autolite plugs. Seriously, post up the links to all the complaints.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:39 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
Really? Autolite plugs are crap? Guess I should throw mine away, only been in there a couple years and getting 17mpg average. My Saab only gets 28mpg with the Autolites.

IDIOT! STOP MAKING BLANKET COMMENTS! There is nothing wrong with the plugs he used, probably not the wires either. Throwing parts at it will only dent his wallet.

You don't have injector issues if all 8 plugs are black, the odds of all the injectors going bad at once are astronomical. Very possible a sensor is off the charts.
Most likely the O2's are toast from being subject to all that raw fuel. Once the sensor is fouled it will not give a correct reading. Cleaning is hit or miss. Sensors are not that expensive.
were is the best place to get o2 sensors? Cheapest i found is $90

Old 11-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Jeez HIGGS, name calling and insults over someone's experience with a particular spark plug? Get ahold of yourself, dude.

O2's can be had pretty cheap eBay if you know what you're looking for.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Team Owner

Amazon, $50 each for O2's, NTK exact fit, free shipping.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
It's a shame you are so ignorant. You had a bad experience so the rest of the world did too? Site your source for all the "many, many, Many" people who had a problem with Autolite plugs. Seriously, post up the links to all the complaints.
I dont have to prove anything to you or anybody else, you dont have to like it, you dont have to accept it, but thats the way it is.

If something works good for you maybe you just need to state that fact and not go off on a hissy fit like a child, I think that would be more helpful to others then you just going off on me.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:58 AM
Overlanding

Finally figired out my issue! Had the wrong5 prong relay in for the fuel pump! Runs like brand new now
Thanks for the help guys!

Old 12-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by rylan906
Finally figired out my issue! Had the wrong5 prong relay in for the fuel pump! Runs like brand new now
Thanks for the help guys!
Can you elaborate please. Which relay and where was it located? What color was it and what color did you put in there?

Quick Reply: fouling plugs an O2 sensors