General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Hi all first post or cry for help I知 in the middle of a misfire check

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2019 | 01:15 PM
|
Three Wheeling
Default Hi all first post or cry for help I知 in the middle of a misfire check

I have ordered new coil packs for my 2002 disco 2 4 LTE I replaced them with new looking ones from my spare vehicle installed new plug leads and platinum plugs to find it still misfires it started out after I washed motor to get rid of power stearing fluid when I fixed my seals didn稚 find tear down to bad I will do it again when I get my new Bosch coil packs am I on the right track do you think or not thanks

Old 08-17-2019 | 03:20 AM
Camel Trophy

So, you swapped out the coil packs with a set of used ones...and have the same two cylinders misfiring as before? I'm assuming you've double checked your connections of plug wires at coil pack and plugs, and all is good there. Seeing that it is cylinder 1 and 7...my first guess would be coolant entering the cylinders (blown head gasket). Are you losing any anti-freeze at all from reservior?

The whole power washing the engine and then getting misfires could be a coincidence, and possibly the head gasket issue just surfaced at the same time...weirder things have happened. However, if you are not losing anti-freeze and all of the electrical system is working correctly...then l'd start thinking about injector connections (maybe water was forced into terminal connection?). Not likely, but 1 and 7 injector connections would be at the end of the plenum/upper intake and would be more prone to water infiltration. But, after drivining it for a while...through a couple heat cycles...it would eventually dry up. So, l guess that brings me back to the head gasket theory.

Good luck.

Brian.

Last edited by The Deputy; 08-17-2019 at 03:22 AM.
The following users liked this post:
britguy (08-17-2019)
Old 08-17-2019 | 05:56 AM
|
Three Wheeling

Hi there thanks for in put my antifreeze was drained when doing coil packs but yes over the 2 yrs I’ve had it I noticed a little diminishing of antifreeze all along not a great deal but filling more than normal I probably will order head gaskets while it’s sitting there waiting for coils to com nothing to loose thanks again. Ok great site this only thing wrong good guys tell u u the truth that you real don’t want to hear if I’m going pull the heads off change gaskets were do I stop here valve guides seals valves u must have done this before what do you recommend I have the tools the facilities and a son to help.

Last edited by britguy; 08-17-2019 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Add to post