General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

How could I do a heavy duty throttle body cleaning ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How could I do a heavy duty Induction System cleaning ?

Last week I cleaned my TB like the TB thread said too and it worked great because I immediately felt the difference in the drive. Now I want to do an induction system cleaning

So I asked around and this is what I got tell me what you guys think ?

Autozone said to just pour 2 cans (32oz total) of regular seafoam into the throttle body , let it sit for 5 minutes and then start it

My Mechanic said to do what the TB thread said ( For somereason I get the feeling this doesnt do a heavy duty cleaning to the induction system )

My buddies dad said to do it the proper way and pump sea foam through an induction tube (which I have no idea how to do)

How can I cleanmy induction system as much as possible in one treatment or even a second treatment immediately after the first. I really want to get this sucker as clean as possible without having to actually taking things apart ?

Last edited by ALEXAN; 10-25-2009 at 10:07 AM. Reason: I meant to say Induction system cleaning
Old 10-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Never listen to the parts stores. 2 cans of anything poored into the manifold, will hydro-lock your engine and you'll be looking for a new one.
If all you are doing is cleaning the t/b then use a small amount of carb spray, spray both sides of the throttle plate, scrub it if necessary with a tooth brush and wipe it out with a paper towel.
Now if you want to do an induction cleaning then get back to me cause that is a different process all together.