General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Interior door protection against dog scratching?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2022, 07:45 PM
8th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Interior door protection against dog scratching?

Does anyone have a suggestion for interior door protection covers that fit/work for your LR/RR?
For my 2013 Sport I had some made by Kurgo that had plastic tabs that slide between the window and trim to hang over the interior and ledges of the rear
doors to keep my dog from scratching them. They were not perfect, as the flat plastic tabs would fall out if the window was rolled down/up.

I have a new full size Rover and I wonder if anyone has tried any of these out? I see some online with similar plastic tabs that have a "bump" in the tab to lock it into the slot
between the trim and the window. There are also some that have a fabric covered metal tab. But both look too thick to work in what appears to be a very slim space now.

I can order some to try, but thought I would check here first.

Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong spot-I admit I struggle with the forum's interface

Old 10-08-2022, 11:37 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

I have this same issue on all my trucks. I have three big monsters. They all wanna stick thier heads out the window. In doing so they claw up my rear door panels. What solutions have you come up w?

Old 10-08-2022, 11:55 AM
8th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shiftonthefly1
I have this same issue on all my trucks. I have three big monsters. They all wanna stick thier heads out the window. In doing so they claw up my rear door panels. What solutions have you come up w?

Here is what I’ve ordered and I’ll post how it works out. I had these on my Sport and they did the trick- but my dog chewed up the plastic tabs so I had to toss them. They’ve change the tabs now to ones that have a little ridge to keep them locked in place. I’m a little doubtful they will fit into the new rig, but I’ll report back.