General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Land Rover Discovery II Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 09:53 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Land Rover Discovery II Newbie

Hi All!

I have recently gotten the possession of a beautiful 2003 Land Rover Discovery II - It is a Canadian Vehicle (I am from Quebec) and has about 150,000KM (94,000 Miles). The previous owner was a man of whom I had done a lot of work for, and who had fallen on hard times and could not continue to pay me - seeing this beautiful vehicle rotting away in his yard, I told him I'd continue to work for him in exchange for the Disco - I am young and dumb, what can I say!?

Once I paid my debt, I picked up my beautiful project and have been super excited about driving it around one day. My issue I have right now is that, seeing how I'm trying to plate it in Quebec, we have very very strict Safety laws and I have been provided with a massive list of things I must do in order to be able to drive the Disco on the road. The list includes replacing a faulty windshield washer unit, replacing the bump stops, new taillights, and so on... I was wondering whether anyone has had experience with replacing bump stops and windshield washer units on this era of Rover and whether they could provide me with a detailed explanation on how to do it with pictures as well!

I am so excited to be a part of this community - the passion for this brand alone is truly inspiring!

Thanks again,
- Nick (2003 Land Rover Discovery II)

Old 02-28-2018, 10:43 AM
TReK
Received 504 Likes on 419 Posts

There is a service manual online called RAVE, you can download it free, it covers everything you would want to know about servicing your Rover.

Otherwise there is a DII section of this forum where you can get more specific questions answered, of course the search function works magically well too so try that before you go asking to many questions.

Best of luck!