General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Lockdown

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 11:14 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lockdown

After cleaning the engine and undercarrage my Discovery 1 ran rough. When arriving back home the rpm increased to 2000 to 2500. I shut the engine down while in reverse. I now can't use the shift it is locked in reverse. Any ideas?

Old 08-13-2010, 12:18 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like you might have gotten your ECU wet, DI's are a little more sensitive to water than DII's, especially with the undercarriage wash......Park it in the sun and let everything dry out and see if anything changes.

I'm sure someone else will chime in that has had a similar experience, you are by no means the first...

Old 08-13-2010, 07:01 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Rob, I am in St Louis and the tempature has been above 95 the last couple of days. The truck has been drying out about 48 hours with no change. The check engine light remains on but I have checked everything I can touch. Jim

Old 08-13-2010, 07:16 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jlkey
Thanks Rob, I am in St Louis and the tempature has been above 95 the last couple of days. The truck has been drying out about 48 hours with no change. The check engine light remains on but I have checked everything I can touch. Jim
Not sure if it's drive-able, but if you can get it to an auto-parts store they can read the codes for you and tell you what the computer is saying is wrong. Post the codes they find in the Discovery I section and you'll get some good answers and troubleshooting tips.