General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

lr2 . wont start

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 09:48 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lr2 . wont start

Drove home. Turned engine off. Tried to start after about 5 min. Now won't turn over. Lights, horn, etc. work, but engine won't turn over. Hasn't happened before. Let set over night, still won't start. Suggestions ?

Old 04-16-2015, 10:05 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Check your Battery first .... It takes a lot more to crank the engine than , a light or horn .

Old 04-16-2015, 10:32 AM
4wd Low
Default wont start

OK, if the battery is good, do u think the starter is the problem. Or is there some problem unique to the LR 2 I need to know about.

Old 04-16-2015, 10:43 AM
4wd Low
Default wont start

Another thing. For a while now when you push the start button, it doesn't crank immediately, it takes about two or three turn over cycles while continuously holding down the button before it starts. But now it doesn't turn over/cycle at all. Nothing happens when you push the button. Although, the lights don't appear to be dim, the horn seems to sound normal.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:00 PM
Rock Crawling
Exclamation

Originally Posted by fostera
Another thing. For a while now when you push the start button, it doesn't crank immediately, it takes about two or three turn over cycles while continuously holding down the button before it starts. But now it doesn't turn over/cycle at all. Nothing happens when you push the button. Although, the lights don't appear to be dim, the horn seems to sound normal.
right it sounds like the battery is totally dead now ..........you used whatever life remained...

get a friend to swap out one with you ( be sure NOT to mix up the Terminals )

it should start ...

Old 04-16-2015, 12:20 PM
4wd Low
Default wont start

OK, I'll start with battery.

Old 04-16-2015, 04:48 PM
4wd Low
Default wont start

OK, battery is being charged to be checked. In the mean time wanted to get a price on starter and syloniod. O'Reillys doesn't show they can get it. What's up with that?

Old 04-16-2015, 07:21 PM
4wd Low
Default LR 2 wont start

Battery checked good. Land rover said to change it out anyway and see, they just know its the battery. Well, its not the battery. Starter is a factory part. Going to pull it tomorrow and have it checked. Problem is having trouble locating it. Any ideas? haven't removed skid plate and looked from bottom yet.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:33 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by fostera
Battery checked good. Land rover said to change it out anyway and see, they just know its the battery. Well, its not the battery. Starter is a factory part. Going to pull it tomorrow and have it checked. Problem is having trouble locating it. Any ideas? haven't removed skid plate and looked from bottom yet.
Hold on .. did you or did you not , change the battery , ? or are you just doubting its the battery...? i'm confused now !!

And i don't understand what you meant by ' starter is a factory part "

You are saying its the starter . do you know the starter relies on the battery , for activation ?

Old 04-20-2015, 09:29 PM
4wd Low
Default LR 2 won't start

I did change out the battery, although I didn't think it was the battery. The battery checked good. I even used jumper cables from my truck to the battery and it still wouldn't start. So I removed the starter. By the way, it is easy to get to. Once you remove the skid plate, it is right there. Starter was bad. Got one from auto zone, 178.00. Original remanufactured.

Quick Reply: lr2 . wont start