General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

NEED DISCO HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 09:21 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED DISCO HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 1995 Disco. So i just got it and it got it all running great. Well it never ran hot until i pulled my boat with it the other day for the first time. Well it over heated...boiled out of the overflow..lots of pressure ect...never got to the tip top of the gauge...so today i had to pull it about 5 miles from the place i left it to my house. well within the first mile it started to warm up. Got it all the way home, never blew steam. Just ran up to the top of the ok area...on the gauge. when i shut the truck off still lots pressure and heat and leaking fluid out of overflow..Boat weighs about 3700 lbs..So i figured the thermostat maybe sticking..bc the temp at first would go up and down a bit. So i take the water neck off and there is no thermostat in their period. Could that cause it? Well it gets worse. I go and get a thermostat for the store and go to put it in. Well its the right one and the thermostat fits in the lip in the intake manifold. Heres the question now. There is no way to make it stay there while you put the water neck back on>..everytime i tried it fell down and caused it to leak when i tightened it up. It does not secure to the water neck or the intake in anyways and it sits straight up and down. HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET THIS ONE CORRECTLY>>>I AM GOING NUTS AND SO PISSED! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALSO: There is a leak in one of the press/clamp factory fittings for the tranny fluid that goes to the Rad...that does not allow full capacity of tranny fluid..could the towing be making the low tranny fluid so hot that it overheats the Rad? The rad fluid is cooled in the driver end tank of the rad right? Or would you lean more towards no thermostat? I know some engines dont work well without one? Please i need this fixed now!